View Single Post
Old 04-02-18, 10:34 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 6,149 Times in 2,899 Posts
Kunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Can I think that someone spoke as if he/she was mad and not really be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveddd View Post
yes, i think you can

do you think it happens a lot , could be nothing or somehow related to ADHD

some think people with ADHD,anxiety,etc emotional disorders can have a negative bias when interpreting social cues

i think anger and imagined criticism are 2 that we really can have a bias for, and see when they arent there

or you can have a very astute ability to pick up emotions and sense passive aggression in your wifes statement that children may not be familiar with yet
As a rule it relates to hyperarousal- a highly activated sympathetic nervous system, with low parasympathetic activity biases your perceptions- so you are more likely to see negativity in others.

This is well covered in current neurological theory-- see Polyvagal Theory by Prof Stephen Porges.

There are lots of things you can do to address this balance- relaxation exercises, yoga, meditation. Most recently I have been using a TENS machine modified to clip to my ear and act as a Vagus (parasympathetic) nerve stimulator.

Whenever you see a crowd all rushing in the same direction on any one issue, run in the opposite direction.

There is neither fun nor profit to be had in polishing the brass knobs on a bandwagon.
Nicholas Nasseem Taleb.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kunga Dorji For This Useful Post:
daveddd (04-03-18)