View Single Post
Old 09-22-18, 06:23 AM
ADDvanced Member

DanielGM1970 is a name known to allDanielGM1970 is a name known to allDanielGM1970 is a name known to allDanielGM1970 is a name known to allDanielGM1970 is a name known to allDanielGM1970 is a name known to allDanielGM1970 is a name known to all
Re: What's your honest opinion of the ADD Forums?

I like ADDForums because it gives me an opportunity to channel my helpful, altruistic, caring side in a way that other social media does not. It lets me convey the knowledge (and a little wisdom) that I've gathered over many years of spiritual seeking and dealing with ADHD to people that may just be starting out or who are missing a piece of the puzzle. I don't get that opportunity in my "real" life, because pretty much everyone I deal with on a day to day basis is a "normal thinker", whatever that is. So I've got all this knowledge inside that I hardly ever get to share.

I've had to quit other social media because it feeds that unhealthy side of me that seeks constant validation in the number of "likes", "friend requests", etc., and since my therapist said everything you quit has to be replaced by something else, I guess LinkedIn and Facebook have been replaced by ADDForums, to be honest.

Is that a good or bad thing? I think in the balance it's good, for the reasons mentioned in paragraph 1.

On the negative side, the people who are here are fantastic, but it seems like the same 8-10 people are the only ones posting on a regular basis. I poked around some of the groups, etc. and it looks like there was a really active, vibrant social scene on here around 2009-2013 or so that looks like it would have been fun. What happened? But I hope that I'm mature enough not to let that bother me too much. I know a lot of non-members visit this board, and I hope they take away something valuable if they happen to read something I've posted.

D.

Be yourself, and the rest will follow.

Breathing is not optional. - Dr. Raymond Wertheim

What do you care what other people think? - Arline Feynman, to her husband, American physicist Richard P. Feynman

D.

Last edited by DanielGM1970; 09-22-18 at 06:25 AM.. Reason: Missing word/grammar
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DanielGM1970 For This Useful Post:
midnightstar (09-22-18), stef (09-22-18)