ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: How do you work?
I would rather have many tasks PARTIALLY done. 2 11.76%
I would rather have one task ENTIRELY done. 6 35.29%
Despite this, I end up actually doing the opposite! It's just too hard to do it the other way! 7 41.18%
I end up doing what I preferred. 2 11.76%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-09-05, 11:39 PM
ADDvanced Member

onemoreyear is on a distinguished road
5 Things Halfway Done or 1 Thing All The Way Done?

Let's say you had 5 things to do...

Would you rather...?

Do a little bit for each of them, and thus have all of them PARTLY done at any given time...

OR

Finish 1 of them, and thus you only have four left. Then finish another one, now you only have three left, etc.

And what do you actually END UP DOING?!?

I would definitely rather have 5 things started (the ADD part of me) but my anxiety only subsides when I have concrete results, not estimations...e.g I feel better knowing one thing is ENTIRELY done because it's definite and complete instead of 5 things in that kinda gray area with nothing concrete (the OCD part of me).

PS. I think I messed up the poll and you can only choose one option--I guess just choose the way you would rather do things...
Old 07-09-05, 11:52 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 4,964 Times in 2,419 Posts
livinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond repute
I am actually very good at finishing a task - especially at work.
Often times, I will put it on hold for a couple minutes, to write down reminders, etc, but it always gets finished before I start another major task.

If I don't finish a project, it will bug me or interrupt me while I'm doing another, or I will forget about it or I'll forget where I left off and have to spend more time figuring out what's going on. I'd much rather just finish it.

Projects I always have to finish (work, crafts). Stuff like cleaning, studying, washing clothes - it's hard to stay on task to finish them.

Leonard: “You’re using chocolates as positive reinforcement for what you consider good behavior!”
Sheldon: “Very good! Chocolate?”
-The Big Bang Theory (sitcom on CBS)
Old 07-09-05, 11:55 PM
Contributor

Pigeon has disabled reputation
I would rather have one done, but I always have many unfinished
Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-05, 10:30 AM
ADDvanced Contributor

UnleashTheHound will become famous soon enough
I think having 3 things to work on is about optimal. Any more than that, I start getting anxious about it.

I often force myself to finish projects, because if I don't, I know there's a good chance I'll let them slide, and take a long time to come back to, if ever.
Old 07-10-05, 01:52 PM
Contributor

Johna is on a distinguished road
I wait to the last minute to finish things...than I usually have 3 to 5 things due at the same time.
Old 07-10-05, 03:30 PM

alala is on a distinguished road
I would rather have one thing all-the-way done, but that almost never happens. Five things partly done is much more my style. So I chose the third option.
Old 07-10-05, 06:39 PM

RepubCarrier is on a distinguished road
I always wait to the absolute last minute, and I never do the same thing for longer than 5-10 mins in a row, unless I am deeply engrossed in a mental challenge (i.e solving a difficult set of math problems).