ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Advocacy, Coaching, Counseling and Practitioner Referrals > International Referrals > United Kingdom
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-06, 03:42 AM
ADDvanced Member

Naomi2 has disabled reputation
Anyone here from Solihull College?

Please, is there anyone on here from Solihull College, Birmingham, England?

If there is, do you think I'll be able to get any help from the college?

How good is the support team there?
Old 02-11-06, 07:16 AM

Thanked 5,956 Times in 4,316 Posts
SB_UK has disabled reputation
That's a little difficult to answer ...
... but I'm pretty sure I know how to fnd out the minimum and maximum levels of support that you might realistically expect.

PM me if you haven't been able to obtain an answer to your question, and I'll PM you with some email addresses which might be of some use.

Incidentally, I believe additional time for examinations may be possible ... though admittedly am not sure whether this is more a 'Uni' than 6th form college thing ...

Solihull ... Do you know Wednesbury? ... I left there when I was a lil'un ... used to live on 'Portobello Road' ... and whenever I was asked whether that was ' theeeeeeeeee Portobello Road' - used to say 'yes'.

Though why people were so interested in a small road on a run-down council estate in a hole around West Bromwich ... I seem to remember, never ceased to strike me as being just a little bit odd :-)

SB.
Old 02-19-06, 10:47 AM
ADDvanced Member

Thanks.

As for the exam thing, I don't have exams on the course I'm doing - it's assignments alllll the way (good and bad).

My geography's hopeless, so I don't I haven't heard of Wednesbury and I don't know where West Bromwich is. Sorry

I'll wait a bit longer to see if I get any more replies.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-06, 03:20 AM

LifeCatalyst has disabled reputation
Hi, I don't know anything about your college, but in my experience, many clients I've worked with have had much better support in a further education environment - college and university. Often the support is far better than they have received at school. Support can range from laptops, funding for ADD coaching, mp3 recorders for lectures, software (mind mapping etc), training sessions for the software, study skills etc, extra time in exams.

You may have already spoken to your college by now, hopefully they will have been positive and supportive! If you want any recommendations for study skills books just pm me and i'll suggest a few. Good luck with everything.
Linda

At the end of our lives we don't regret the things at which we failed - we regret the things we wished for but never attempted
Old 03-27-06, 01:52 PM
ADDvanced Member

Thanks

I have spoken to someone but we didn't talk much and I had to wait ages to see her again because she was ill and now I'm going to see her tomorrow (I hope)

Also: attention, organisation and time-management difficulties
Old 12-26-08, 03:12 PM
ADDvanced Member

Darkangel001 will become famous soon enough
Re: Anyone here from Solihull College?

Isn't Solihull in Birmingham, where there are doctors that specialize in ADD? Have you seen any of them, what's your experience been like?