ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Strattera
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Strattera (Atomoxetine HCI)

Old 10-04-10, 09:00 PM

wunderbar is on a distinguished road
Has Strattera decreased your appetite?

I'm just curious how common of a side effect it is.
Old 10-07-10, 06:20 PM
Jr Member

BuckeyeGirl02 is on a distinguished road
Re: Has Strattera decreased your appetite?

It definitely decreased my appetite. I take it at 7 am with breakfast, have a coffee around noon, a small sandwich at 4 pm and dinner at 6ish. What I have noticed is that it is taking my sugar cravings away (which historically have been a HUUUUUGE issue with me). I lost 5 lbs in 2 1/2 weeks without changing my exercise routine at all. I think it is due to my brain not craving sugar more than anything else though.
Old 10-07-10, 07:51 PM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

firstdesserts is a splendid one to beholdfirstdesserts is a splendid one to beholdfirstdesserts is a splendid one to beholdfirstdesserts is a splendid one to beholdfirstdesserts is a splendid one to beholdfirstdesserts is a splendid one to beholdfirstdesserts is a splendid one to behold

Nope. Not anything like the stimulants I've tried. I did have a tummy ache the first few of days like I did when I first tried Prozac (a similar chemical composition). I hope it does something for you.

Visit the Exercise Forum here to check out the Get Fit Club, a group of people changing their lives for the better by caring for themselves enough to exercise.

"Spend a day in my head before you tell me what my problem is!"
Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-11, 12:35 AM

elysie100 has a spectacular aura aboutelysie100 has a spectacular aura about

Yes, I take it in the afternoon and I'm usually not hungry for dinner. It comes back later in the evening and in the mornings I'm plenty hungry.
Old 02-14-11, 05:22 AM
Contributor

DrZoidberg is a glorious beacon of lightDrZoidberg is a glorious beacon of lightDrZoidberg is a glorious beacon of lightDrZoidberg is a glorious beacon of lightDrZoidberg is a glorious beacon of light

A little bit. Not much. But it's still noticeable. I've always had a huge appetite. But I've got a sweet tooth now, which I've never had before.
Old 02-14-11, 05:25 AM
ADDvanced Member

hoolio has a spectacular aura abouthoolio has a spectacular aura about

My nephew takes it in the morning. He usually eats breakfast around that time but then usually does not eat again until supper.

He does however snack at night a lot (sugary items in particular) as he has little to no appetite during the day from the meds.
Old 02-15-11, 01:04 AM
ADDvanced Member

small has a spectacular aura aboutsmall has a spectacular aura about

My son has almost no appetite...he's been taking strattera for a month now. He's 6 so he listens to what I say so when I tell him to eat he usually does but its grudgingly and sometimes he fights me on it. I'll talk to his pedi about it when we go back in another week. I'd really rather stick with strattera for a while until I'm convinced its not working (we've seen some improvement and hoping it will get better when we go to 25mg he's at 18mg now)...this is the only side effect he has so as long as I can continue to get him to eat I'll just live with it. He only gained 3lbs last year unmedicated so I can't imagine he'll do much more this year. As long as he doesn't lose I'm going to be happy.