ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > New Member Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-11, 08:52 PM
I eat shades of red.

Thanked 21,881 Times in 9,240 Posts
Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Not diagnosed, but I have very strong suspicions

auroramyst,

I'm in the process of getting a diagnosis - only took more than half a year to get things in motion.

Bezuidenthustra,

That was absurd.
Old 02-11-11, 09:50 PM
Forum ADDvocate

hypergirl96 is a splendid one to beholdhypergirl96 is a splendid one to beholdhypergirl96 is a splendid one to beholdhypergirl96 is a splendid one to beholdhypergirl96 is a splendid one to beholdhypergirl96 is a splendid one to beholdhypergirl96 is a splendid one to beholdhypergirl96 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by auroramyst View Post
I made the other students mad because I would write a 10 page report due the same day in the lunch period before class and then I would get a good grade on it.
sounds like me. lol

i would also get my classmates mad for writing a ten page report on something that was only a page, or getting a way bettergrade because i included more info, or writing elaborate stories and such....woo hoo hyperfocusing!

my eighth grade history teacher used to yell at me for writing such long essays on tests when they were only meant to be short answer. they were so long cause i felt like i had to inckude everything (benefits of being one of ten kids in my class in the AP english class) even thouh it took me forever and my writing was tiny and arely legible. lol
Fortune (01-27-12)
Old 02-11-11, 09:54 PM
I eat shades of red.

Thanked 21,881 Times in 9,240 Posts
Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond repute

I actually did terribly on writing assignments until I got to college and could use a word processor. Unfortunately, my handwriting is pretty awful and painful.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fortune For This Useful Post:
hypergirl96 (02-11-11)
Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-11, 03:14 PM
Jr Member

nikkinoodle is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccrose View Post
Yeah, all of this hits close to home for me, too. The friend thing is interesting, I hadn't thought about that being an AD/HD thing, but I have that same problem. I haven't been diagnosed yet but have very strong suspicions. Reading about other AD/HD's life stories is often like reading my own. Up until recently I just figured all these symptoms were quirks, not part of a disorder. Been dx'd w/depression in the past, but not AD/HD. Don't think I ever mentioned any of those symptoms to my Dr, or at least didn't think about them as anything other than part of my depression. Have an appt w/new psych next Wed, so we'll see.

EDIT: Just took the Psych Quiz, score a 104. Eek!

I wonder what the max score is! I scored 100. The second part was my downfall. I also have an appointment soon, on the 28th. I too was not thinking that my "issues" are a disorder. It will be nice to have "paperwork" confirming that I'm not lazy.
The Following User Says Thank You to nikkinoodle For This Useful Post:
Fortune (01-27-12)