ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Advocacy, Coaching, Counseling and Practitioner Referrals > United States Referrals > United States - Pacific Coast and Western U.S. > California
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-11, 08:01 PM

calisno is on a distinguished road
GP in Los Angeles?

I recently moved to the LA area from out of state. I was diagnosed by a psychiatrist originally and have found a good medication and dosage and would like to continue it.

I don't see any need to go to a new psych (and can't really afford it anyway) since I'm just looking for someone to take over prescribing something I've had no problems with or desire to change. I don't have any health insurance so I am looking for a GP that is comfortable prescribing stimulant medications for new patients (with documentation of previous diagnosis, of course) and doesn't charge and arm and a leg. MUST be downtown or west LA unless they offer weekend hours.

Any recommendations?

EDIT: Also, I'm hoping for a more specific direction than "try Cedar-Sinai" or "look at this directory of physicians." Thanks!