ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > Site Suggestions & Feedback
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-11, 12:45 PM
ADDvanced Member

Jr1985 has a spectacular aura aboutJr1985 has a spectacular aura about
Re: Hitting the "Thanks" button-for newcomers.

This is a really good idea. Lets people know that they appreciated your post. Something like this would be really good on another forum I post at. Sometimes hardly anyone replies to my posts there, so it would be encouraging to see that people still got something from it, even if they didn't feel the need to reply.

Now all I have to do is remember to use it :/
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Jr1985 For This Useful Post:
ADHDTigger (03-17-11), buddy (03-17-11), Cacho (04-26-11), Dizfriz (03-18-11), fleurdelis (04-17-11), Jeweller (02-05-13), loveydovey25 (03-19-11), nevermore (04-30-11), speculative (09-06-11)
Old 06-07-12, 10:52 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 10,361 Times in 3,272 Posts
Dizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond repute

There are a lot of newcomers on the forum. Thought I might resurrect this.

Dizfriz
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Dizfriz For This Useful Post:
Amtram (06-07-12), CheekyMonkey (06-07-12), Drewbacca (06-26-12), Jeweller (02-05-13), jiffyPOP (06-09-12), LynneC (06-07-12), MentalNomad (02-05-13), plank80 (06-07-12), purpleToes (06-07-12), salleh (06-07-12), Turbochica (06-07-12)
Old 07-06-12, 09:17 PM

Thanked 2,805 Times in 1,602 Posts
MentalNomad has a brilliant futureMentalNomad has a brilliant futureMentalNomad has a brilliant futureMentalNomad has a brilliant futureMentalNomad has a brilliant futureMentalNomad has a brilliant futureMentalNomad has a brilliant futureMentalNomad has a brilliant futureMentalNomad has a brilliant futureMentalNomad has a brilliant futureMentalNomad has a brilliant future

This is a solid suggestion, glad the thread was started.

I'm going for the least thanked post in this thread. If this holds, I should be eligible for a reward of some sort :P A special forum title, perhaps.

My belated reply should be good for something. :P
The Following User Says Thank You to MentalNomad For This Useful Post:
Dizfriz (07-07-12)
Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-13, 04:44 PM

Thanked 10,361 Times in 3,272 Posts
Dizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond repute

There are a number of new people on the forum and this thread may be helpful.

Dizfriz
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dizfriz For This Useful Post:
peripatetic (05-11-13), starry (02-04-13)
Old 05-11-13, 07:49 PM

Thanked 20,046 Times in 7,221 Posts
ginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond repute

I'm noticing a lot of new people here not getting thanked and not thanking. I thought maybe it was time to dig up this post.

Also, the little scales allow you to give reputation points to each other, you can check your reputation in your user cp located top left on your navigation bar.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ginniebean For This Useful Post:
Dizfriz (05-12-13), peripatetic (05-11-13)
Old 05-11-13, 10:07 PM

Thanked 7,530 Times in 3,010 Posts
salleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond repute

thanking someone is easy to remember, but I really should give out more rep points, there are some excellent posters here ....

and new folks, even when you have all the green boxes you can have, the point add up and you can see them in your User CP ......it is nice to watch them pile up ....but you're the only one who sees them ....

........If you make it to age 50 without growing up, you don't have to ......

.....After all, the business of life is the acquisition of memories....in the end, that's all we have .....Words of wisdom by the Downton Abbeys' butler
The Following User Says Thank You to salleh For This Useful Post:
Dizfriz (05-12-13)