ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > Forums Help, Q&A
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-11, 11:16 PM

addcolin has disabled reputation
Question Mark read thread with thanks as marker

Hi
I seem to have great difficulties remembering which threads I have seen, read etc. By putting a 'Thanks' into threads I have liked, it acts as signposts to let me know I passed that way!
I have no recall of posts even a few weeks ago, so find myself going round in circles. . . unless I mark my tracks, so to speak!
Is there a way to tell the threads one has had a look at before? - To see your own foot prints?
Thank You.
PS. This is an ADD forum after all!
Old 08-16-11, 04:18 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 3,337 Times in 1,909 Posts
Bluerose has a reputation beyond reputeBluerose has a reputation beyond reputeBluerose has a reputation beyond reputeBluerose has a reputation beyond reputeBluerose has a reputation beyond reputeBluerose has a reputation beyond reputeBluerose has a reputation beyond reputeBluerose has a reputation beyond reputeBluerose has a reputation beyond reputeBluerose has a reputation beyond reputeBluerose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Mark read thread with thanks as marker

I don’t think there is. Threads you posted to can be found in your User CP section.

I don’t recommend using the Thank You button to keep track of threads you have read but not commented on.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bluerose For This Useful Post:
addcolin (08-16-11), EYEFORGOT (09-09-11), speculative (09-09-11)
Old 08-16-11, 05:10 AM

addcolin has disabled reputation

Right, in that case, I have to stop being so co-morbidly affected, and communicate more, after thanking - state my case, as it were.

Then I probably would remember the thread better!
Bluerose (08-16-11), EYEFORGOT (09-09-11), speculative (09-10-11)
Sponsored Links
Old 09-09-11, 12:37 AM
Contributor

speculative is just really nicespeculative is just really nicespeculative is just really nicespeculative is just really nice

There are a few other options which may accomplish your goal:

1. When there is a new thread in a forum that you have not yet clicked on to open, it is highlighted in bold. Any thread that is highlighted in bold is one you have not read yet, or one that has received new posts since you last read it.

2. If there is a thread that you wish to mark so that it easy for you to find and return to, you can use the "thread tools" menu inside the thread and choose "subscribe to thread." Then, you can access your subscribed threads in user CP. (This would probably be most useful if your list of such threads isn't too large...)

3. Use bookmarks. Create an ADD Forums folder in your browser of choice. You can create as many sub-folders as you find useful, such as "Finish Reading" and "Respond Later."

4. Use the "New Posts" link across the very top menu bar (blue background with white lettering) to display posts that are new. (I think these are defined as new since your last visit...)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to speculative For This Useful Post:
addcolin (09-13-11), Bluerose (09-09-11), EYEFORGOT (09-09-11), Simenora (09-09-11)