ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > Forums Help, Q&A
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-11, 07:40 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 4,182 Times in 1,552 Posts
Luvmybully has a reputation beyond reputeLuvmybully has a reputation beyond reputeLuvmybully has a reputation beyond reputeLuvmybully has a reputation beyond reputeLuvmybully has a reputation beyond reputeLuvmybully has a reputation beyond reputeLuvmybully has a reputation beyond reputeLuvmybully has a reputation beyond reputeLuvmybully has a reputation beyond reputeLuvmybully has a reputation beyond reputeLuvmybully has a reputation beyond repute
Another reputation question

I can only give someone rep points once.

It used to be that I coud 'spread it around' a bit, then it would be ok to give some points again to that same person, but now it seems like once is IT.

How much do I have to spread around the rep before I can give some of the same people some rep points again?

Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to Luvmybully For This Useful Post:
Abi (09-23-11)
Old 09-23-11, 06:49 AM
can't remember diddly

Thanked 6,053 Times in 3,092 Posts
EYEFORGOT has a reputation beyond reputeEYEFORGOT has a reputation beyond reputeEYEFORGOT has a reputation beyond reputeEYEFORGOT has a reputation beyond reputeEYEFORGOT has a reputation beyond reputeEYEFORGOT has a reputation beyond reputeEYEFORGOT has a reputation beyond reputeEYEFORGOT has a reputation beyond reputeEYEFORGOT has a reputation beyond reputeEYEFORGOT has a reputation beyond reputeEYEFORGOT has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Another reputation question

I actually don't know the numbers on that. I thought it was five (at least).

If you can't do a reputation point then a thank you or a note on their profile page is nice, too.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to EYEFORGOT For This Useful Post:
Abi (09-23-11), anonymouslyadd (09-23-11), Luvmybully (09-23-11)
Old 09-23-11, 07:17 AM
The Social Committee LIVES

Thanked 17,719 Times in 8,884 Posts
Abi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond repute

It's like 20, then it comes around again.

"I think David Archuleta's picture is starting to annoy me." - BellaVita

"A glass of water is healthier than a glass of vodka - but you don't substitute one for the other." - aeon

Follow ADDForums on Twitter & Facebook
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Abi For This Useful Post:
EYEFORGOT (09-23-11), Luvmybully (09-23-11)
Sponsored Links
Old 09-23-11, 08:46 PM

Thanked 30,790 Times in 13,808 Posts
peripatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond repute

here's where the information on "reputation and reward" is found: http://www.addforums.com/forums/faq....q=rep#faq_rep6

here's the info on spreading reputation around before giving it again (i put it in bold below):

How many Reputation points can I give?

When you first become a member, and after you've made ten posts, your Reputation actions are worth one point. However, your Reputation power increases over time.

Bonuses: For every 90 days you're a member, you get an additional point of power (so each click is then worth two points, for example). For every 100 posts you make, you get an additional point of power. And for ever 50 Reputation points you receive from other members, you get an additional point of power. So if you're an active and longtime member, you'll find the Reputation ranks you give to posts can carry quite a bit of weight.

Limits: As mentioned above, you need to have made at least ten posts on the forum before your Reputation actions have any effect. Also, you can assign Reputation points to only ten posts per day (so save them for truly the best or worst posts). And you have to assign Reputation points to at least ten different members before you can assign them to a member a second time (so spread the wealth!).

Finally, if your Reputation score falls below 10 points — the number you get when you first join — you lose the ability to participate in the Reputation system.

hope that helps
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peripatetic For This Useful Post:
Abi (09-23-11), Luvmybully (09-23-11)
Old 09-23-11, 08:51 PM
The Social Committee LIVES

Thanked 17,719 Times in 8,884 Posts
Abi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond repute

Peri,

That info isn't in line with my experience.

Your rep power goes up by 1 for every 100 points, not every 50.

Also, you need to rep way more than 10 people before you can come back to someone you've repped previously.

Feels like about 20 to me, but I've never counted. Could be 15 or 25

I think those are VBulletin defaults or old settings that have been changed. Gotta ask Andi.

"I think David Archuleta's picture is starting to annoy me." - BellaVita

"A glass of water is healthier than a glass of vodka - but you don't substitute one for the other." - aeon

Follow ADDForums on Twitter & Facebook
The Following User Says Thank You to Abi For This Useful Post:
Luvmybully (09-23-11)
Old 09-23-11, 08:53 PM
I eat shades of red.

Thanked 21,877 Times in 9,239 Posts
Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond repute

It does feel like it takes more than 10 reps to rep people again.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fortune For This Useful Post:
Abi (09-24-11), Luvmybully (09-23-11)
Old 09-23-11, 11:01 PM
ADDvanced Member

nwbucket is just really nicenwbucket is just really nicenwbucket is just really nicenwbucket is just really nice

Silly question but what are rep points?
Old 09-23-11, 11:16 PM
Yeti-Wrangling Moderator

Thanked 18,120 Times in 8,903 Posts
namazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwbucket View Post
Silly question but what are rep points?
Not a silly question at all. It's short for "reputation".

Here's a Q&A sticky about reputation points: http://addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33649

Basically, it's what gives people the green (or red, if naughty!) boxes at the top right of each post (or in the user profile). It's kind of a short-hand for a user's posting history in the community.

If you think a post is truly top-notch and high-quality, you can click on the little "scales of justice" icon at the top right of the post and leave a message about why you liked the post. It's a step above the "thanks" button.

When you do this, the person who wrote the good post gets reputation points -- the number of rep points is determined by the reputation of the user who gives the points as well as the giver's number of posts/length of time on the forum.

You can see your current number of reputation points by going to the User CP and scrolling to the bottom. That's also where you'll see the messages left by people who gave you the reps. Only you can see these.

If you prefer, you can also turn off reputation in your user profile (so instead of red or green squares, there will just be a single gray square shown publicly).

So what people are asking about here is a limitation on how often you can give rep points to any one poster -- the system won't let you keep "repping" the same poster over and over without first giving rep points to other users.
The Following User Says Thank You to namazu For This Useful Post:
Abi (09-24-11)