ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > CO-EXISTING CONDITIONS > Anxiety Disorders, OCD & PTSD
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Anxiety Disorders, OCD & PTSD A forum to discuss Anxiety, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Panic Disorder, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, Simple Phobias, and Social Anxiety Disorder

Old 09-11-11, 07:42 AM
Contributor

sbcy has a spectacular aura aboutsbcy has a spectacular aura about
I don't know what to do please helpp-my mind is steered by obsessiveness + anxiety!!

I just had a revelation...I obsess over things because it relieves stress..temporarily. I don't know what to do, I waste time because I'm steered by my anxiety!! If I try to "just do it" and switch tasks or doing something stressful like homework with out getting in a non stressful mood my whole body starts to itch at random spots and I get a little shaky and OCD symptoms increase. As it is I have a hard time paying attention but when this happens I'm hardly productive. Eating food gives a temporary "rush" of relief, exercise helps a little but it's like I have to eat otherwise I can't function unless it is something very relaxing..even if I'm not really hungry. I don't really know what to do, I feel lost and I don't want to develop diabetes. Is there any kind of meds or anything I should suggest to my psych? I'm currently on 300mg/day Wellbutrin XL. Why does food help me? Is it because serotonin is released? Anything else?? I've tried a lot of the typical SSRIs but they never really did anything.

I used to get b12 shots which wiped away all my anxiety and I felt for once I was able to "steer" my own thoughts, actions and life but the effect of that didn't last despite continuing to get the shots. It was pure bliss...not artificial euphoria just feeling almost normal (ADD still there) but also my own unique self. HOW CAN I RE-KINDLE THIS FEELING!?
Old 09-24-11, 03:35 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 16,586 Times in 7,498 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute
Re: I don't know what to do please helpp-my mind is steered by obsessiveness + anxiet

I wish I had more info for you but as for food helping you maybe it's just your body craving nutrition.

AND **bleep off**

I carried a watermelon?
Old 09-24-11, 04:10 PM
Contributor

Redrightnow has disabled reputation
Re: I don't know what to do please helpp-my mind is steered by obsessiveness + anxiet

I really don't have answers for you as I'm working thru a similar thing right now as well.

I would say, make the food something "worthwhile"-- not junk. To alleviate the twitchiness and obsessive thoughts I get when trying to get a difficult task started, I'll have:

cocoa roasted almonds
cheese and figs
almond butter on bread
grapes and sunflower seeds
berries and greek yogurt

Just a small amount and a cup of hot tea.

The problem is, I don't catch what's happening most of the time and by the time I do, I'm on a bullet train of obsessing and I don't know how to stop it.

Sometimes it works. Better than never.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-26-11, 05:01 AM
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrightnow View Post
The problem is, I don't catch what's happening most of the time and by the time I do, I'm on a bullet train of obsessing and I don't know how to stop it.
That's exactly one of my problems as well!
Old 09-26-11, 08:11 AM
Forum Guru

Old School MBD has a spectacular aura aboutOld School MBD has a spectacular aura about

I am not anxiety or any of that (unless doing my budget) however I feel I should let you know about my new adhd med cause it also works on anxiety ptsd

Google or check out on wikipedia guanfacine.

Its pretty awesome med.....and ask your doctor
Old 09-26-11, 09:55 AM
Forum Guru

KronarTheBlack is a splendid one to beholdKronarTheBlack is a splendid one to beholdKronarTheBlack is a splendid one to beholdKronarTheBlack is a splendid one to beholdKronarTheBlack is a splendid one to beholdKronarTheBlack is a splendid one to beholdKronarTheBlack is a splendid one to beholdKronarTheBlack is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbcy View Post
I just had a revelation...I obsess over things because it relieves stress..temporarily. I don't know what to do, I waste time because I'm steered by my anxiety!! If I try to "just do it" and switch tasks or doing something stressful like homework with out getting in a non stressful mood my whole body starts to itch at random spots and I get a little shaky and OCD symptoms increase. As it is I have a hard time paying attention but when this happens I'm hardly productive. Eating food gives a temporary "rush" of relief, exercise helps a little but it's like I have to eat otherwise I can't function unless it is something very relaxing..even if I'm not really hungry. I don't really know what to do, I feel lost and I don't want to develop diabetes. Is there any kind of meds or anything I should suggest to my psych? I'm currently on 300mg/day Wellbutrin XL. Why does food help me? Is it because serotonin is released? Anything else?? I've tried a lot of the typical SSRIs but they never really did anything.

I used to get b12 shots which wiped away all my anxiety and I felt for once I was able to "steer" my own thoughts, actions and life but the effect of that didn't last despite continuing to get the shots. It was pure bliss...not artificial euphoria just feeling almost normal (ADD still there) but also my own unique self. HOW CAN I RE-KINDLE THIS FEELING!?
Have you been diagnosed with ADHD? If you are then Wellbutrin is not going to cut it you need to get another medication as well. I got OCD and Anxious to try and combat my ADHD. My anxiety went away when I got medicated and after that the OCD left because there was no need for it anymore. I still like to do things certain ways though but I am not forced to do them I could change it if I actually wanted to but its harmless
Old 09-26-11, 10:57 PM
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KronarTheBlack View Post
Have you been diagnosed with ADHD? If you are then Wellbutrin is not going to cut it you need to get another medication as well. I got OCD and Anxious to try and combat my ADHD. My anxiety went away when I got medicated and after that the OCD left because there was no need for it anymore. I still like to do things certain ways though but I am not forced to do them I could change it if I actually wanted to but its harmless
I've been diagnosed with ADD (no hyperactivity typically) as well as GAD (generalized anxiety disorder) and have symptoms of OCD & obsessiveness/meticulousness. Stimulatns didn't work for me so I thought I'd try wellbutrin. I've also tried pristiq and a few SSRIs. Any suggestions? I'd like to try meds that are quick to take effect first so I can rule those out instead of doing the slow ones first that take 1-2 months like wellbutrin.