ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > New Member Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 11-22-11, 01:34 AM
ADDvanced Member

LanCo Rider can only hope to improve
Re: Marijuana ruined my brain

The effects I experienced were built up over time of habitual use.

Last edited by sarek; 11-23-11 at 03:05 AM.. Reason: Do not promote illegal substance use
Old 11-22-11, 02:27 AM

Walter White will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by LanCo Rider View Post

The effects I experienced were built up over time of habitual use.
This makes me feel a lot better. I still can't believe how much time of my life I've wasted with daily smoking. Like you, I would go to work/school and do the minimum amount that I possibly could, always looking forward to the moment when I would get home, sneak out of my window, and clear my homemade waterfall bong which would kick in the joyous effects that solved all my problems for a few hours.

I know a lot of people that seem to be able to easily handle daily smoking while keeping up grades and staying somewhat successful. I tried and I couldn't handle it. It killed all of my motivation and it was hard to handle not smoking after a full week of daily smoking.

Last edited by sarek; 11-23-11 at 03:05 AM.. Reason: quote edited: see above
Old 11-22-11, 01:20 PM

dcswen1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter White View Post
This makes me feel a lot better. I still can't believe how much time of my life I've wasted with daily smoking. Like you, I would go to work/school and do the minimum amount that I possibly could, always looking forward to the moment when I would get home, sneak out of my window, and clear my homemade waterfall bong which would kick in the joyous effects that solved all my problems for a few hours.

I know a lot of people that seem to be able to easily handle daily smoking while keeping up grades and staying somewhat successful. I tried and I couldn't handle it. It killed all of my motivation and it was hard to handle not smoking after a full week of daily smoking.
Regarding those who can still function and achieve while being pot smokers at the same time. They are a very small percentage of the general THC connoisseurs. The reality is this we ALL pay now or later. I'm guessing that most of the people you smoke with are about your same age -young. So don't mistake those that are getting shi* done now as people who may not have problems later.

I'm glad you have made the turn and have more or less given it up. Keep it up. If you decide that a couple of times a year is OK -great. Keep it that way. Save it for special occasions. As soon as you find yourself blazed in front of the TV for no reason pot has lost its magic and turned to Voodoo.

Best of luck!
Sponsored Links
Old 11-23-11, 03:03 AM
Moderator of mind and heart

Thanked 21,231 Times in 8,581 Posts
sarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond repute

MOD NOTE: May I remind everyone that promoting the use of illegal(according to U.S. law) substances is not allowed as per our guidelines.
You can talk about it but please do not promote, encourage or facilitate in any way.

BR549 (11-23-11), dcswen1 (11-24-11)
Old 11-26-11, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcswen1 View Post

I'm glad you have made the turn and have more or less given it up. Keep it up. If you decide that a couple of times a year is OK -great. Keep it that way. Save it for special occasions. As soon as you find yourself blazed in front of the TV for no reason pot has lost its magic and turned to Voodoo.

Best of luck!
I completely agree
Old 11-26-11, 10:23 AM
ADDvanced Contributor

rickymooston is just really nicerickymooston is just really nicerickymooston is just really nicerickymooston is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarek View Post
MOD NOTE: May I remind everyone that promoting the use of illegal(according to U.S. law) substances is not allowed as per our guidelines.
You can talk about it but please do not promote, encourage or facilitate in any way.
Hi

Is it possible to have a balanced science based discussion on the subject without breaking forum guidelines?

I'm actually not a huge fan of marijuana which I've never tried and which I have no intention of ever trying but it is legal in some other countries (including Canada under certain restrictions and in California its possible to get prescribed marijuana by a doctor). (It goes without saying, its stupid to do something that's illegal but if it were legal, I still would not consume it. I don't consume tobacco either.)

Further more, canniboid derivatives are, according to an American doctor I know, legal prescription drugs in the US. (It should be noted, I'm against using medical marijurana as an argument for its legalization. I do think, if the FDA based on science, finds it more beneficial than other drugs for some things, making it a prescription drug is another story altogether. I might be in favor of its legalization but I'm unsure.)

What I understand about it, is, according to some sources I've read on it, in moderation, for most people, its not bad. For some people, it can be bad, even in small doses. (In rare cases, it apparently induces some form of phycosis.) A huge number of people have tried it in moderation, without long term ill effects.

Curiously tho, this thread, is about somebody who is smoking it excessively. The effects the person is experiencing are very negative. Best wishes to him and anybody doing something so disruptive in their lives.
Old 11-26-11, 12:18 PM
ADDvanced Member

LanCo Rider can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarek View Post

Huh? I wouldn't encourage anyone to smoke. lol

I was just saying that I doubt the psychological effects would be present with very occasional use. My bad if it was misinterpreted.
Old 11-28-11, 01:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LanCo Rider View Post
I haven't smoked weed for over 2 years. Sure it's nice to relax and smoke up every once in a while, but the psychological effects are super annoying.

Since I stopped toking, my temper has almost disappeared, my depression improved very much, and I got my life together very quickly. I suppose when you smoke every once in a while it's not a huge deal but habitually it can really mess with your drive and ability to get things done.

I don't think that ADD has much of a role in what you are/were experiencing. Pot affects everyone a little differently just like ADD meds. My suggestion to you is to stop smoking altogether. Not even every once in a while.
I just reread this thread and it's amazing how similar of experiences I think we had.

Were you diagnosed with ADD before or after your 4 years of daily smoking? If after, did the marijuana cause you to realize you've always had ADD? If before, were you taking medication along with the marijuana?

Why do you say in this post that you don't think ADD had much of a role in my experiences?