ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > SCIENTIFIC DISCUSSIONS, RESEARCH, NEWS AND EVENTS > Current ADD Events & News > ADD News
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

ADD News News from around the world about ADD/ADHD, other disorders, and some rather bizzarre & strange stories.

Old 09-24-11, 12:42 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 4,330 Times in 1,872 Posts
pechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Canadians please read!!! Caddac survey on adhd

Quote:
National Online ADHD Survey

CADDAC is launching the first ever Canadian Survey on ADHD asking parents, caregivers, and adults about their experiences with ADHD, the medical system, and the educational system. We are encouraging everyone to spend a few minutes filling in this survey online.

The information gathered will assist us to not only better understand the needs of families with ADHD across Canada, it will help us advocate to medical, education, and government systems in the future.

Please help us help those impacted by ADHD by filling out this questionnaire online and passing the link on to anyone else that you think might be interested.

Click HERE for a Glossary of Terms

Click HERE to take the Parents of Children with ADHD Survey

Click HERE to take the Adult ADHD Survey
Scroll down from Caddac main page to get to survey links.

"I find a duck's opinion of me is very much influenced by whether or not I have bread. Ducks love bread, but they can't buy any. That's the biggest joke on the duck ever."
Mitch Hedberg

"You would be the world's worst ninja."
Pechemignonne's boyfriend
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to pechemignonne For This Useful Post:
ADHDTigger (12-19-11), Canuck223 (09-24-11), Dizfriz (09-24-11), eeyore (09-24-11), Kirby Albee (12-19-11), QueensU_girl (12-22-11), RedHairedWitch (09-24-11)
Old 09-24-11, 03:32 AM
Contributor

eeyore is a splendid one to beholdeeyore is a splendid one to beholdeeyore is a splendid one to beholdeeyore is a splendid one to beholdeeyore is a splendid one to beholdeeyore is a splendid one to beholdeeyore is a splendid one to behold
Re: Canadians please read!!! Caddac survey on adhd

coool, thanks for posting it pech
Old 09-24-11, 03:41 AM
Forum Guru

Thanked 1,236 Times in 601 Posts
grape_ninja has much to be proud ofgrape_ninja has much to be proud ofgrape_ninja has much to be proud ofgrape_ninja has much to be proud ofgrape_ninja has much to be proud ofgrape_ninja has much to be proud ofgrape_ninja has much to be proud ofgrape_ninja has much to be proud ofgrape_ninja has much to be proud of

But I'm in California..........
Sponsored Links
Old 09-24-11, 04:33 PM
Contributor

Canuck223 is a name known to allCanuck223 is a name known to allCanuck223 is a name known to allCanuck223 is a name known to allCanuck223 is a name known to allCanuck223 is a name known to all

Done, thanks for posting!
Old 09-24-11, 05:24 PM

Thanked 8,277 Times in 2,786 Posts
RedHairedWitch has a reputation beyond reputeRedHairedWitch has a reputation beyond reputeRedHairedWitch has a reputation beyond reputeRedHairedWitch has a reputation beyond reputeRedHairedWitch has a reputation beyond reputeRedHairedWitch has a reputation beyond reputeRedHairedWitch has a reputation beyond reputeRedHairedWitch has a reputation beyond reputeRedHairedWitch has a reputation beyond reputeRedHairedWitch has a reputation beyond reputeRedHairedWitch has a reputation beyond repute

Done!
The absurdity of working so hard to continue doing something you don't like can be overwhelming. And the longer it takes to feel different, the more it starts to seem like everything might actually be hopeless bull. ~ Hyperbole and a Half
Old 12-19-11, 12:06 AM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

Kirby Albee has disabled reputation

Done. Who are these CADDAC people?

Old 12-19-11, 12:45 AM

Thanked 20,033 Times in 7,221 Posts
ginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond repute

Done and may I say that asking for your e-mail address 4 times annoyed me.
ADHDTigger (12-19-11)
Old 12-19-11, 07:52 PM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

Kirby Albee has disabled reputation

That's how activism works. You find people who already agree with you and send them email.

Old 12-20-11, 06:44 AM

Thanked 4,330 Times in 1,872 Posts
pechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby Albee
Done. Who are these CADDAC people?
They're an Advocacy group for ADHD.

Quote:
The Centre for ADHD Awareness Canada, is a national, umbrella organization providing leadership in education and advocacy for ADHD organizations and individuals across Canada. CADDAC is committed to increasing the understanding of ADHD, therefore decreasing the stigma of ADHD by providing up-to-date scientific information on Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. As a national ADHD organization, CADDAC takes a leadership role in the advocacy of ADHD in all areas that affect people with ADHD, including education, health, support, employment, regulatory bodies and resources. CADDAC strives to network with government, professional organizations, health care providers, educators and all other stakeholders to improve the lives of people with ADHD.

CADDAC strongly believes that only when all ADHD support groups and individuals who are truly committed to the well-being of those with ADHD, come together with a uniform 'ask' will we have a hope of change occurring. An 'ask' is what we would be requesting from the government or other regulators of education and health systems. At this time there are many small, local organizations that offer excellent support for small pockets throughout Canada. Unfortunately, this still leaves many unserved areas. It is our hope that by creating this website and offering links to other excellent sites we will help to spread excellent information and offer some support to those in more remote areas affected by ADHD.

While many websites offer basic ADHD information on what ADHD is and how it is treated, we have tried to go a step further and offer information on how to advocate for your child in the school system and obtain possible accommodations. We have included a section for parents, discussing a range of emotions they may be feeling and offer specially geared information on ADHD for children and adolescents. We hope to grow the site into an easy to use location for information on ADHD, but we also want the site to be a place where issues and concerns can be shared. Parents with ADHD children already feel very isolated and that their voices are not heard. While we cannot hope to reach individuals with specific concerns, our aim is to network with all of you through your local groups.
http://www.caddac.ca/cms/page.php?62

"I find a duck's opinion of me is very much influenced by whether or not I have bread. Ducks love bread, but they can't buy any. That's the biggest joke on the duck ever."
Mitch Hedberg

"You would be the world's worst ninja."
Pechemignonne's boyfriend

Last edited by pechemignonne; 12-20-11 at 06:44 AM.. Reason: link
The Following User Says Thank You to pechemignonne For This Useful Post:
Kirby Albee (12-20-11)
Old 12-20-11, 09:45 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

Massari is a glorious beacon of lightMassari is a glorious beacon of lightMassari is a glorious beacon of lightMassari is a glorious beacon of lightMassari is a glorious beacon of light

What do I get for completing the survey?