ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Wellbutrin
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Wellbutrin (bupropion hcl)

Old 06-16-07, 07:36 AM
Jr Member

skedflyer is on a distinguished road
My experience so far, Also with lump in throat

Hi everyone, first time poster.

I am a 29 year old male just diagnosed with ADD. As I took it upon myself to get evaluated. As I felt like life couldn’t be this much of a struggle, felt like getting tasks done was always a uphill battle, and suffered from very bad anxiety, like someone was sitting on my chest.

Anyways…

I been on Dexedrine for a month and a half to start, and at first I had anxiety a little worse than I was use to, but I was able to cope.. After that I was amazed at how great I felt. I was more focused at work, I was finishing jobs around the house that I have been putting off for years. And I had minimal anxiety after, compared to almost crippling anxiety I felt before. (I’m sure I am not the only one here)

I been on Wellbutrin for 2 weeks , was on the 150mg XL and really felt nothing.. Now I moved up to 300mg and I feel weird now…

I have been very jittery for the past two days and I feel numb on my arms and legs. I’m still functioning fine, but the focus from the Dexedrine is being wiped out, because I feel jittery and agitated , but not my usually anxiety, more like I drank too much coffee.

And now for the past few days I have felt like I have a lump in my throat. And it’s DRIVING ME NUTS….

I went to the doctor thinking that I had damaged my throat when I nearly chocked to death on a piece of meat back in January, and with the increase in pills I have been taking I thought that the pills have been getting stuck in my throat, and the problem has started to show just now...

Doc looked, but saw nothing, I had x-rays , and am having upper GI next week…

My psychiatrists, didn’t say much about it on the phone, “it should pass soon”. But soon cannot be soon enough…

Reading around I am beginning to think it’s Globus Hystericus, “sensation of a lump or mass in the throat, which is usually associated with certain mood states..” I feel Like I’m going to choke sometimes when I obsess too much about how it drives me nuts… It does come and go , and does not affect my eating, as I seem to feel better after I eat… Breathing is fine… and my mood is pretty much neutral… Beginning to bounce my legs again when I sit, as it did before I was on dex…

OH yes running to the bathroom ever 30 mins…. AHHHHHHHH……

I just basically feel numb.. With moments of aggravation, annoyance, and sometimes I find I’m alittle foggy.

So that sums up my experience with Wellbutrin.

Just wondering if I Throat lump is common?

And the Numbness on the arm legs and sometime head?

Thanks for reading..

Dennis
Old 12-31-11, 02:46 PM

Nattehauk is on a distinguished road
Re: My experience so far, Also with lump in throat

I'm starting to think that the wellbutrin caused the globus hystericus as i didn't have any problem until i increased my dose from 150 to 300 mg. And reading this makes me think it even more... have to surf around and look for other incidents.
Old 01-01-12, 09:24 PM
ADDvanced Member

taylor00257 will become famous soon enough
Re: My experience so far, Also with lump in throat

I wonder if you might be starting to get tics from being on the meds? With the lump in the throat feeling you might start to try to clear your throat due to that, which will be your tic.
Sponsored Links