ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Clonidine
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Clonidine (catapres)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-09-12, 09:16 AM

Caliberzzz is on a distinguished road
Risperdal works on same receptor as Intuniv/Tenex

Okay so I've been put on 4mg of Risperdal for hallucinations/delusions. I take 1mg in the morning and 3mg at night. I've also been put on 0.25mg of Klonopin 3x a day. With this I'm noticing a strange increase in concentration the reason I say strange is because I know these meds shouldn't help with that. (Okay maybe the Klonopin because if your less anxious maybe you'll concentrate better but still c'mon). The only reason/thing that comes close to my experience of what I've researched is that Risperdal according to wikipedia has the same action as Guanfacine (Tenex/Intuniv) as it works on the α2A receptors in the prefrontal cortex. So my question is this. Could there be any connection between the Risperdal and my increase in concentration due to the fact that Risperdal works on the same receptors as Guanfacine (Tenex/Intuniv)?

Last edited by Caliberzzz; 02-09-12 at 09:40 AM..