ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-12, 04:29 AM
Contributor

tortilaman is just really nicetortilaman is just really nicetortilaman is just really nicetortilaman is just really nice
Offensive School Newspaper Article

I thought I would post this here for you guys, because I felt like I was going to lose my mind after reading this.

I wanted to attach the image so you wouldn't have to open a PDF, but apparently adobe acrobat does not like jpegs or png or anything. I'll put the first paragraph or two below just so you can get a taste.

Caliber Magazine Spoke with a student who used Adderall. Mark said that after taking a 20 mg pill, a typical dosage, he "had way more confidence" and that he "was comprehending every aspect of the subject and racing through [it]." This increase in confidence however, according to Dr. Laurence Greenhill from Columbia University, is simply a psychological fiction. He revealed to the New York Times that Adderall does not "increase your intelligence; it just increases your diligence." He said that "essentially, the drugs delay the onset of sleep so that you can stay up all night and cram."

Indeed, several students seem to back up the professor's claims. One student found that the drug was not always effective. The increased state of concentration would sometimes be mistakenly directed. He confessed that after ineffectively using Adderall he found it necessary to turn off his computer, television, and anything else that might distract him under the influence of Adderall.

continued in the PDF... Wow, this is frustrating.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Caliber Magazine Farce.jpg (122.5 KB, 9 views)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Caliber Magazine Farce.pdf (161.9 KB, 16 views)