ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-20-12, 04:53 PM
Jr Member

moonlight-drive is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Adderall intensifies my skin picking like crazy!

I have been on Adderall XR 20mg for about 5-6 months. I have always bitten my finger nails and picked the cuticles, and pick my face. Since I have been on adderall my skin picking has reached a whole new level. I am constantly picking somewhere on my body. I used to just occasionally pick my face, but now I pick my neck, shoulders, back, chest, and face. My shoulders/back/chest/face look so disgusting. I am ashamed of my skin. I live in Florida, and it's starting to get pretty warm, and I won't be able to wear tank tops, or low cut shirts. My skin aches from picking. I have tried many things I've read from the internet to try and stop the picking. But I can't do it. I don't want to stop taking my adderall because it has significantly helped me in school/life. I can actually comprehend what I read when I study, my mind doesn't drift off during class, I can finally complete my daily tasks, etc...

Is there some type of medicine or vitamin I can take to prevent me from picking? I've tried inositol powder (it's a vitamin that supposedly helps with skin picking and other ocd traits) but I can't stand drinking the powder substance, it makes me feel nauseous. I used to take lexapro (I was prescribed this before adderall because of social anxiety), but I weaned myself off after a few months because it never helped me at all.

Has anyone else who has had this problem found a way to stop picking, without stoping adderall ?

I look like a meth addict, my sister even calls me "meth head" because my face looks so horrible when I don't have makeup on. I'm tired of putting on makeup every morning before I go anywhere. Plus anytime I touch my face during the day, foundation gets on my hands, and just makes a mess. Plus the foundation looks so gross after an hour or so.

Thank you for reading, I hope you can help
The Following User Says Thank You to moonlight-drive For This Useful Post:
neetah (04-16-12)