ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Medications for Co-Existing Conditions > Sedatives
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-10, 10:57 PM
Jr Member

Andenia is on a distinguished road
Cool Sleeping Pill Reaction

I take Zolpidem 10mg to sleep at night. If I'm not in bed by the time the meds kick in, my mind will shut off (I remember nothing) but I will sometimes continue with what I was doing. Once, my sister and I were house-sitting, and I had my walk me to my room because the meds kicked in. I don't remember anything once I got into the room, but I plugged in my cell phone charger (I had to find it I knew it was behind the bed), then plugged in my cell phone and put it in a place where I wouldn't roll onto it. I also put my clothes NEATLY at the foot of the bed.
A few nights ago I sat up in bed, turned on my laptop, and went to a website I had used earlier for some homework. I remember having closed all browsers and turning it off before I went to sleep. When I woke up the next morning the laptop was in sleep mode and the browser window was on the spanish dictionary website I had used the night before. I had left the laptop on my bed. This doesn't disturb me, but it is curious. Is this something I should be worried about? Will I start getting up out of bed at night? I've read about people waking up and doing things like cooking or cleaning. I do wake up if I have to use the bathroom, so that's not a problem. I see the pill Dr next week, I am going to ask her, but I'd like some feedback. Thanks everyone, & please excuse any typos.

You cannot be mad at me for the way I choose to fix what you broke~Forgot Who Quoted This!

-
Me before coffee
-Me during and after 1st cup
Old 12-11-10, 12:19 PM
Jr Member

FishTits is on a distinguished road
Re: Sleeping Pill Reaction

Lol its a bizarre drug zolpidem isn't it. I've only taken it once, I was already sleep deprived but was still restless so I got a 2 pills from a friend, popped them and went to bed. Once it kicked in I had full on hallucinations. I was staring at a periodic table poster on my wall and all the elements were turning into little monsters and the whole thing was 3 dimensional. I could manipulate the hallucinations by staring at it from different angles.
Old 08-22-11, 08:48 AM
ADDvanced Member

Honeybadger will become famous soon enough

You need to be careful to keep yourself away from the internet in particular when you're on ambien.

My doc said that he had a patient once take it, and while asleep, order $5000 of exercise equipment online.

It pretty common, actually. When I take it, I don't sleep, but I get really, really, REALLY stoned.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-11, 12:24 PM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

Thanked 1,167 Times in 555 Posts
selita has much to be proud ofselita has much to be proud ofselita has much to be proud ofselita has much to be proud ofselita has much to be proud ofselita has much to be proud ofselita has much to be proud ofselita has much to be proud ofselita has much to be proud ofselita has much to be proud of

Your laptop could have caught fire. Just thought I'd mention that.
Old 03-08-12, 03:13 AM
Jr Member

jpoker27 is on a distinguished road

Yeah i think the best idea is to do what I do, I take it when Im in bed, and watch TV for a little until I go to sleep. Because I heard of people going out or driving after they take it, so just wait until you are ready for bed, then take it in bed. Just to be safe.