ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > PARENTS OF CHILDREN WITH ADD/ADHD > General Parenting Issues
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

General Parenting Issues The purpose of this forum is to discuss general parenting issues related to children with AD/HD(ADD & ADHD)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-11-12, 12:10 PM
Forum Guru

ccom5100 has disabled reputation
Re: So frustrated--need to vent

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmom View Post
My son is very bright, but totally unorganized. He's 16. His test and quiz scores are all great, but he can never keep track of homework and get it turned in, so his grades are often terrible.
If his disability is affecting his performance in school, then he should be entitled to a 504 Plan. You need to send the school a formal request (via certified mail) asking for an evaluation.
Natural Alternatives are worth investigating. They can and do work for some people. Dietary intervention (especially the elimination of chemical additives such as artificial colors, artificial flavors, and certain preservatives) has been very effective in helping to control adhd symptoms in my child.

The Following User Says Thank You to ccom5100 For This Useful Post:
Dizfriz (04-11-12)
Sponsored Links