ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > SCIENTIFIC DISCUSSIONS, RESEARCH, NEWS AND EVENTS > Current ADD Events & News > ADD News
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

ADD News News from around the world about ADD/ADHD, other disorders, and some rather bizzarre & strange stories.

Old 04-15-12, 08:09 PM
ADDvanced Wookiee ADDvocate

Thanked 6,164 Times in 2,894 Posts
Drewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond repute
Neurobiology Show (To the Best of Our Knowledge)

To the Best of Our Knowledge radio show. NPR. PRI. Wisconsin Public Radio.

http://ttbook.org/book/brainstorm

Brainstorm
We explore the frontiers of brain science, from the neurobiology of emotions to recent discoveries about autism. Also, the story of one marriage saved by a diagnosis of Asperger Syndrome.

Links to play and/or download on source web page.

1. MARTHA HERBERT ON "THE AUTISM REVOLUTION"
Autism's a tricky diagnosis. And its causes are also mysterious. Harvard Medical School neurologist Martha Herbert t advocates a whole-body approach, which looks at environmental toxins, vitamin deficiencies and immune problems.

2. DAVID AND KRISTEN FINCH ON ASPERGER DIAGNOSIS
The marriage of David and Kristen Finch was falling apart when Kristen asked Dave to take the "Aspie quiz." It turns out Dave has Asperger Syndrome. They talk about how the diagnosis changed their lives.

3. RICHARD DAVIDSON ON THE EMOTIONAL BRAIN
Neuroscientist Richie Davidson has developed an entirely new model for understanding the science of emotions. He talks about this paradigm shift and the personal journey that led to it.

4. FRANK BROWNING ON THE DANCING BRAIN
What happens in your brain when you dance? Frank Browning talks with scientists and choreographers in France and the U.S. about the "dancing brain."

5. V.S. RAMACHANDRAN ON PHANTOM LIMB SYNDROME
Neuroscientist V.S. Ramachandran is renowned for his ability to crack strange neurological mysteries. He tells Steve Paulson about the science behind phantom limb syndrome and his ingenious treatment for it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Drewbacca For This Useful Post:
Retromancer (04-15-12), Shevey (04-15-12)
Old 04-15-12, 08:43 PM
ADDvanced Member

Shevey will become famous soon enough
Re: Neurobiology Show (To the Best of Our Knowledge)

Thanks, I'll have to take a look when finals are over. My minor is neuroscience.

Effexor... for when you absolutely, positively have to suffer withdrawal overnight.

Old 04-15-12, 08:59 PM
ADDvanced Wookiee ADDvocate

Thanked 6,164 Times in 2,894 Posts
Drewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Neurobiology Show (To the Best of Our Knowledge)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shevey View Post
Thanks, I'll have to take a look when finals are over. My minor is neuroscience.
I hear ya! I caught about fifteen minutes of it in the car, but I haven't had a chance to listen to the entire episode yet.

Neuroscience sounds like a fun minor, I'll study more of it if I ever get past my cell biology class in once piece! What's your major?
Sponsored Links