ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Dexedrine/Dextrostat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Dexedrine/Dextrostat (dextroamphetamine)

Old 04-15-12, 12:36 AM
Contributor

AddYourAll is a jewel in the roughAddYourAll is a jewel in the roughAddYourAll is a jewel in the rough
Dexedrine ER Corepharma 15mg experience

I'm getting 90 15mg of these tomorrow; pending the only mom and pop in town is open on Sunday. I just thought abought that. I still have a few Barr left, so waiting won't be an issue.

I know corepharma isn't an 'authorized' generic like Global and so and so? is with shires Adderall. I know Corepharma owns Amedra, it's subsidery(located in Kentucky) whom GSK sold Brand Dexedrine Spansules (original formulation)to, and now manufactures (corepharma) generic Dexedrine Sulfate ER.

Corepharma manufactures, packages, and ships all generic drugs from their plant in Sussex, New Jersey. They're one of the few generics that are in the States. I haven't heard anything about these yet...so I'm curious to give em a go. I'm not a fan of their Adderall BTW. Hate it..

nuff said, aesthetically, a much better looking 'bullet' capsule compared to Barr. Red and clear, stamped cp in cursive design...with different collered beads unlike Barr.

Last edited by AddYourAll; 04-15-12 at 12:39 AM.. Reason: spelling
Old 04-16-12, 01:59 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

tambourine-man is a glorious beacon of lighttambourine-man is a glorious beacon of lighttambourine-man is a glorious beacon of lighttambourine-man is a glorious beacon of lighttambourine-man is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Dexedrine ER Corepharma 15mg experience

Well...?

RXed:
Pristiq, 50mg (AM)

Adderall, 20mg 2x daily
Lyrica, 150mg 3x daily
Xanax, .5mg 3x daily

Remeron, 30mg (PM)
Seroquel, 200mg (PM)
Old 04-16-12, 07:37 PM
Contributor

AddYourAll is a jewel in the roughAddYourAll is a jewel in the roughAddYourAll is a jewel in the rough

At $427.32 for (90) 15mg capsules, these better be freaking dynamite. I just looked at 'amount saved' because my co-pay is $10 /generic and $35/Brand,

This is a crazy price! Isn't that more than brand?! BTW, I couldn't find anybody willing to order brand or have it in stock. I give up after asking 10 pharmicies, though

I'm getting a photo up if I have time, I don't have stock bottle...how some get stock bottles,... I don't know... because they're only 90 pills in stock bottle, they usually

give you the bottle sealed, with the cotton and moisture absorbtion thingy

this is crap, I got jacked if I were paying cash, talk about price gouging! they're just beating folks over the head on these prices...this CANT be an expensive medication, WOW

Last edited by AddYourAll; 04-16-12 at 07:53 PM.. Reason: added something
Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-12, 08:47 AM
Contributor

photo.jpggood looking pill , seemed mellow, I took a little nap in the afternoon...I can't pass judgement, because I had a little adderall in me when I took this single pill . I fell asleep on the tail end (6hrs?) with NO crash or headache- too early to say anything meaningful....I was very calm, not hyperfocused....I had motivation to read, study, but not the gotta do something MOTIVATION like barr Adderall. I need and enjoy that MOTIVATION during the day but dislike in afternoon..

I was going to add: corepharma Adderall makes my heart beat faster( I do remember that, but I thought it was normal) My heart rate slowed with corepharmas D-amp and is roughly the same with barr DL-AMP IR

I still have a couple(2) Barr spans for latter in month, we'll see..

also, if you have to pay cash and don't have insurance; these are expensive and everyones physiology/metabolism differs

Last edited by AddYourAll; 04-17-12 at 09:11 AM.. Reason: added line
Old 04-17-12, 03:18 PM

tambourine-man is a glorious beacon of lighttambourine-man is a glorious beacon of lighttambourine-man is a glorious beacon of lighttambourine-man is a glorious beacon of lighttambourine-man is a glorious beacon of light

I have medicaid and pay $3 bucks for Amedra brand. Before it kicked in I was paying about the same amount you were for the brand. I believe they are exactly the same but haven't tried both. All I know is that I'm more satisfied with Amedra Dexedrine Spansules than I have ever been with any of the previous amphetamine products I've tried (everything on the market).

RXed:
Pristiq, 50mg (AM)

Adderall, 20mg 2x daily
Lyrica, 150mg 3x daily
Xanax, .5mg 3x daily

Remeron, 30mg (PM)
Seroquel, 200mg (PM)
Old 04-17-12, 11:13 PM
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tambourine-man View Post
I have medicaid and pay $3 bucks for Amedra brand. Before it kicked in I was paying about the same amount you were for the brand. I believe they are exactly the same but haven't tried both. All I know is that I'm more satisfied with Amedra Dexedrine Spansules than I have ever been with any of the previous amphetamine products I've tried (everything on the market).
These are definitely "smoother" as some of you say...pure cns stimulation with no ill effects..I'm starting to feel ignorant (gloating time) for making fun of the metaphors and vivid analysis', because everyone IS different . I'm becoming a dex fan...

I'm starting to wonder if lisdexamfetamine feels similar;am worried about dosages

I CAN say these are better than Barr, but the price? really? They are the most relaxing stim I've ever had, and I would've filled brand, but it's a wild goose chase
Old 04-19-12, 12:43 AM

Ok, I've got to admit... they are pretty pills. Amedra Brand (only slightly pricier) look like this..

I'm a sucker for aesthetically pleasing pharmaceutical products.

RXed:
Pristiq, 50mg (AM)

Adderall, 20mg 2x daily
Lyrica, 150mg 3x daily
Xanax, .5mg 3x daily

Remeron, 30mg (PM)
Seroquel, 200mg (PM)
Old 04-20-12, 12:24 AM

I'm really curious to hear from someone who has tried both brand and the authorized generic? I'm sticking to brand but am curious to know if they are truly identical.

RXed:
Pristiq, 50mg (AM)

Adderall, 20mg 2x daily
Lyrica, 150mg 3x daily
Xanax, .5mg 3x daily

Remeron, 30mg (PM)
Seroquel, 200mg (PM)
Old 04-22-12, 12:16 AM
Contributor

Quote:
I'm really curious to hear from someone who has tried both brand and the authorized generic? I'm sticking to brand but am curious to know if they are truly identical.
I'm pretty damn sure these are close. If I put my beads in one of your amedrs caps on a rouse, you'd have no clue

I'm making a mission next month to get brand since my copay is $35 brand/ $10 generic. This is a very good quality generic, and it's hard for me to even say this; considering their Adderall effects on me.

But it's (corepharma dex span er) still very difficult to find, and if you're paying cash....not much below brand, roughly $425 90 15mg dexedrine spansule ER. I'm almost positive Barr is cheaper, but brand (Amedra) isn't much more.
Old 04-22-12, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddYourAll View Post
I'm pretty damn sure these are close. If I put my beads in one of your amedrs caps on a rouse, you'd have no clue

I'm making a mission next month to get brand since my copay is $35 brand/ $10 generic. This is a very good quality generic, and it's hard for me to even say this; considering their Adderall effects on me.

But it's (corepharma dex span er) still very difficult to find, and if you're paying cash....not much below brand, roughly $425 90 15mg dexedrine spansule ER. I'm almost positive Barr is cheaper, but brand (Amedra) isn't much more.
I'll stick to brand. I pay $3 either way. The only thing that would prompt me to switch at this point would be the return of Desoxyn Gradumet, which seems unlikely. Anyway, I'm NOT taking that toxic Barr crap again.

RXed:
Pristiq, 50mg (AM)

Adderall, 20mg 2x daily
Lyrica, 150mg 3x daily
Xanax, .5mg 3x daily

Remeron, 30mg (PM)
Seroquel, 200mg (PM)
The Following User Says Thank You to tambourine-man For This Useful Post:
AddYourAll (04-22-12)
Old 04-22-12, 10:55 AM
Contributor

Quote:
I'll stick to brand. I pay $3 either way. The only thing that would prompt me to switch at this point would be the return of Desoxyn Gradumet, which seems unlikely. Anyway, I'm NOT taking that toxic Barr crap again.
i wish they would make a desoxyn xr or much higer doses eg, 15mg,20mg scored tabs
Old 04-22-12, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddYourAll View Post
i wish they would make a desoxyn xr or much higer doses eg, 15mg,20mg scored tabs
I'd be on Desoxyn if that were the case but the enormous stigma and ridiculously small dosage strength (in unscored tablets I might add) just makes it a terrific but extremely impractical medication.

RXed:
Pristiq, 50mg (AM)

Adderall, 20mg 2x daily
Lyrica, 150mg 3x daily
Xanax, .5mg 3x daily

Remeron, 30mg (PM)
Seroquel, 200mg (PM)
Old 05-01-12, 02:04 PM

reluctant_brain has a spectacular aura aboutreluctant_brain has a spectacular aura about

So your conclusion is that Corepharma generic are far better than Barr in quality, and approximately the same as Amedra brand name Dexedrine?

I just started back on ADD medication after many years off and my pharmacy filled my Rx with Barr 10mg spansules. I then found this forum. I am looking to find the best generic there is because I pay 20% coinsurance for generics and 45% coinsurance for brand name.
Old 05-03-12, 07:58 PM
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by reluctant_brain View Post
So your conclusion is that Corepharma generic are far better than Barr in quality, and approximately the same as Amedra brand name Dexedrine?

I just started back on ADD medication after many years off and my pharmacy filled my Rx with Barr 10mg spansules. I then found this forum. I am looking to find the best generic there is because I pay 20% coinsurance for generics and 45% coinsurance for brand name.
since you have to pay that much coinsurance, I'd stick with the barr, if I want to get picky, and placebo effect in mind, ..I dont think there is a significant difference when price is taken into account. I like barr adderall, some don't and think it sucks? The price of corepharma is almost the same as amedra, WTF, but I have my suspicion they're the same pill, different color..I pay $10/35 for generic/brand
my opinion is the corepharma does have a better delivery system than barr ( could account for slightly but noticable smoothness) BUT I wouldn't go to the trouble driving all over town - that's just me, I don't get all faggy in experience, but if the corepharma is close to the price of barr, I would do corepharma handsdown
Old 05-03-12, 08:01 PM
Contributor

I do think people bash barr dex way too much BTW- lucky u found it in stock

also, I hate corepharma adderall but me mate loves it, says it lasts forever and does his body ok, we are different, but I hate that crappy adderall (sorry,tring not to be biast BUT that adderall comment slipped