ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-12, 03:56 AM
Moderately Neato

Thanked 2,650 Times in 1,430 Posts
spunkysmum has a reputation beyond reputespunkysmum has a reputation beyond reputespunkysmum has a reputation beyond reputespunkysmum has a reputation beyond reputespunkysmum has a reputation beyond reputespunkysmum has a reputation beyond reputespunkysmum has a reputation beyond reputespunkysmum has a reputation beyond reputespunkysmum has a reputation beyond reputespunkysmum has a reputation beyond reputespunkysmum has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Are you a napper?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy12 View Post
No, I rarely nap. When I'm depressed I struggle to make it out of bed in the morning but unless I'm super depressed I don't take a nap in the afternoon because it invariably makes me feel worse. It makes me feel guilty, unproductive and as if I'm wasting time (Not that I don't waste any time when I'm awake ).)
That's the conundrum - I feel as though I would be wasting my time, yet I brush off the voice in my head that points out that I wouldn't be curing cancer or cleaning the house top to bottom anyway. LOL
Old 04-17-12, 04:49 AM

homestead4u has a spectacular aura abouthomestead4u has a spectacular aura about

as a child I would sleep alot, my Nana would ask my Mom why she would send me to my room when I got into trouble ??? I would just sleep the day away it wasnt punshiment it was a mini vacation hahahahaha my mom still laughts about this today how much I loved to sleep and take naps as a child..
The Following User Says Thank You to homestead4u For This Useful Post:
spunkysmum (04-17-12)
Old 04-17-12, 09:41 AM
Contributor

FogNoggin is a glorious beacon of lightFogNoggin is a glorious beacon of lightFogNoggin is a glorious beacon of lightFogNoggin is a glorious beacon of lightFogNoggin is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarek View Post
Its almost impossible for me to sleep or nap unless I am in a bed or other designated sleeping facility at night. I think I can count the number of times that I fell asleep anywhere else on the fingers of one hand.
Sometimes I can be using the internet and I can doze off into a 'mini dream' state while I am in the allocated interweb sitting apparatus during the day, or early evening.
But I can't doze off like that in my designated sleeping facility or bed.

Weird or what?!

(i couldn't resist this post)
The Following User Says Thank You to FogNoggin For This Useful Post:
homestead4u (04-17-12)
Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-12, 04:25 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 4,331 Times in 2,857 Posts
Conman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond repute

another reason i dont nap: im afraid of sleeping too long (like a full blown sleep instead of a nap), i tell parental units to wake me by a certain time or right at a certain time, but they either forget or just let me sleep since they know (and are probably right about it) that i needed it. but in today's day and age, naps are impossible for me without missing on something

-Hunter S. Thompson
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Conman For This Useful Post:
homestead4u (04-17-12), spunkysmum (04-17-12)
Old 04-17-12, 04:35 PM
Moderately Neato

Thanked 2,650 Times in 1,430 Posts
spunkysmum has a reputation beyond reputespunkysmum has a reputation beyond reputespunkysmum has a reputation beyond reputespunkysmum has a reputation beyond reputespunkysmum has a reputation beyond reputespunkysmum has a reputation beyond reputespunkysmum has a reputation beyond reputespunkysmum has a reputation beyond reputespunkysmum has a reputation beyond reputespunkysmum has a reputation beyond reputespunkysmum has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conman View Post
another reason i dont nap: im afraid of sleeping too long (like a full blown sleep instead of a nap), i tell parental units to wake me by a certain time or right at a certain time, but they either forget or just let me sleep since they know (and are probably right about it) that i needed it. but in today's day and age, naps are impossible for me without missing on something
I think you've nailed it. I'd always wonder what I'd be missing. Sometimes, like on Sunday afternoons, I even plan to take naps but don't end up doing it. I guess I really am an incurable optimist because honestly I think that I think there's always the possibility that I will suddenly have a productive streak and get tons done and that if I am sleeping I will miss out on it.

On the subject of staying asleep because you need it, I would actually be pretty un-freaked-out whenever I would oversleep on a work day and wake up to find it was impossible to get there on time. I have always been pretty good at waking up when I needed to - most of the time I don't even need an alarm - so whenever I slept in, it was SO unusual for that to happen that I took a pretty philosophical view of it, recognizing that for me to do something so out of character, my body must have really needed it.
homestead4u (04-17-12)
Old 04-17-12, 05:31 PM

Thanked 4,331 Times in 2,857 Posts
Conman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond repute

yeah. and if i nap midday, and it turns into a fullblown sleep im screwed since it'll take a couple of days and effort to force my body back into its normal rhythm

-Hunter S. Thompson
The Following User Says Thank You to Conman For This Useful Post:
homestead4u (04-17-12)
Old 04-17-12, 06:11 PM

Osakhomen is on a distinguished road

I love naps... I'd definitely a napper.
The Following User Says Thank You to Osakhomen For This Useful Post:
homestead4u (04-17-12)
Old 04-17-12, 07:28 PM

FlutteryPixie is on a distinguished road

I feel the same way! I hate taking naps, and it only happens when I run myself completely out of energy, or during extremely boring travel.

It may have something to do with the fact that a slightly odd side effect of my medication is that I don't wake up unless something wakes me, so I can easily sleep 10 hours or more, and if that happens I panic O.o

Ohhh on a slightly related note I read this strange article once:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-16964783

It sounds kind of crazy to me, but it seems to make sense to a lot of my friends and family who have sleep issues.
The Following User Says Thank You to FlutteryPixie For This Useful Post:
Flory (04-17-12)
Old 04-17-12, 07:54 PM

Thanked 7,563 Times in 3,899 Posts
fracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond repute

Does doing nothing for under 2 minutes count as a nap, or staring at the TV but being lost in your own thoughts?

I think the small amount of sleep I get at night could be thought of as a nap.
Old 04-17-12, 08:01 PM

Thanked 4,690 Times in 2,438 Posts
Flory has a reputation beyond reputeFlory has a reputation beyond reputeFlory has a reputation beyond reputeFlory has a reputation beyond reputeFlory has a reputation beyond reputeFlory has a reputation beyond reputeFlory has a reputation beyond reputeFlory has a reputation beyond reputeFlory has a reputation beyond reputeFlory has a reputation beyond reputeFlory has a reputation beyond repute

i run around sometimes for more than 24 hours until i cant do it anymore, collapse into bed, wake up again and start over....>.< i think sleeping in the day is such a waste of production/shennanigans time ..im buzzing with energy most of the time and when im not its usually because im ill ....when I had swine flu it was hell, i was so ill but my mind was going 1000 miles a minute i wanted to just be involved in the action but i was confined to bed >.<
"In dreams you don't need to make any distinctions between things. Not at all. Boundaries don't exist. So in dreams there are hardly ever collisions. Even if there are, they don't hurt. Reality is different. Reality bites. Reality, reality." Murakami
Old 04-17-12, 08:10 PM

Thanked 1,990 Times in 1,109 Posts
Crazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I am a napper, when I'm not working I usually sleep for a least a half and hour per day and then go to bed at some ridiculous hour lol

Selena