ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Other Creative Endeavors
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-12, 02:06 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 2,967 Times in 1,055 Posts
Luvmybully has a reputation beyond reputeLuvmybully has a reputation beyond reputeLuvmybully has a reputation beyond reputeLuvmybully has a reputation beyond reputeLuvmybully has a reputation beyond reputeLuvmybully has a reputation beyond reputeLuvmybully has a reputation beyond reputeLuvmybully has a reputation beyond reputeLuvmybully has a reputation beyond reputeLuvmybully has a reputation beyond reputeLuvmybully has a reputation beyond repute
Re: My latest project

Quote:
Originally Posted by salleh View Post
WHen I get back to California, I'll take some photos for ya ......
YAY! This just made me so happy
Old 04-11-12, 02:14 PM

Luvmybully has a reputation beyond reputeLuvmybully has a reputation beyond reputeLuvmybully has a reputation beyond reputeLuvmybully has a reputation beyond reputeLuvmybully has a reputation beyond reputeLuvmybully has a reputation beyond reputeLuvmybully has a reputation beyond reputeLuvmybully has a reputation beyond reputeLuvmybully has a reputation beyond reputeLuvmybully has a reputation beyond reputeLuvmybully has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy4957 View Post
Take 10,020 circles????????!!!!!!!

Yeah, that'd be the end for me, as well, Salleh.

Beautiful, beautiful bed, Luv.

(BTW, as an aside, a friend recently posted on FB wishing people a "Happy Passover, Happy Easter, and Happy Spring to the non-subscribers," or something like that. He owns bulldogs, and one of his friends wrote back, "Happy National Bulldog Day." I said, "I could totally get into a Happy Bulldog Day, and I don't even own one." They're such fun little medicine-ball doggies...)

I get completely overwhelmed by large numbers like that. But I remember once catering some event, and I ordered 25 lbs of 16-24 count raw shrimp. My mom was helping me cater (she was in charge of how things looked; while I was in charge of how it tasted) and she said, "You are insane if you plan to peel and devein 500 shrimp! Order the pre-cooked, peeled and deveined shrimp!" I tasted the pre-cooked shrimp, which were mealy and had an off taste from the preservatives, and ordered the raw shrimp instead. I then spent 3 hours doing nothing but peeling and deveining shrimp. But once we had cooked them (briefly, in lightly salted water brought to a boil, and then as soon as the shrimp are dumped in, you turn off the water and let them sit for four minutes and then immediately dump them out and plunge them in ice water), and she tasted one dipped in the tequila-lime cocktail sauce that we'd just made, she had to admit: "Ok, you were right to buy the raw shrimp."

I never use pre-made patterns or instructions for quilting- I like the oblivion of not REALLY knowing how many pieces I'll need. I just cut, sew, cut some more, sew some more. I can't handle super repetitive tasks like cutting out everything first then sewing everything at once. I need it broken up.

And every day is Bulldog Day at our house! Bulldoggers tend to be a bit obsessive. And what a perfect description- "fun little medicine ball doggies" LOVE IT!

YUM!!! on the shrimp. Tequila-lime cocktail sauce? Uggg I want to try that-sounds so good.
I bet you were tired of shrimp smell by the time that 3 hours of peeling and deveining was finished. That's a LOT of shrimp.
Old 04-11-12, 02:36 PM

Thanked 4,517 Times in 1,784 Posts
Sandy4957 has a reputation beyond reputeSandy4957 has a reputation beyond reputeSandy4957 has a reputation beyond reputeSandy4957 has a reputation beyond reputeSandy4957 has a reputation beyond reputeSandy4957 has a reputation beyond reputeSandy4957 has a reputation beyond reputeSandy4957 has a reputation beyond reputeSandy4957 has a reputation beyond reputeSandy4957 has a reputation beyond reputeSandy4957 has a reputation beyond repute

Good fresh shrimp doesn't smell much. I get the ones that are frozen in a block, which, if you live anyplace other than a shrimping area are probably "fresher" than truly fresh shrimp flown or trucked in. But they have no smell other than "ocean" when they are frozen on the boat and then newly thawed just before you cook them. (BTW, as one who used to sell shrimp as a kid, they will take on an ammonia smell not long after they are thawed, so that's how you can know if what you're buying is still pretty fresh.)

If you shoot me a PM with your email address, I'll email you the recipe for the tequila-lime cocktail sauce. It's fabulous. The only thing that I've learned about that one is that however many shrimp you cook will be eaten, particularly if you pass them with servers. People will never pass up a fresh, tail-on shrimp dipped in this sauce. And some will eat literally dozens of them in a sitting (or standing, as the case may be).

So Luv, is your Audrey Hepbull a breeder? She looks very well bred. I'd kind of like to get an ill-bred non-breeder one with a little more snout on him or her just to try to avoid the sinus issues, but you have one beautiful little medicine-ball doggie, there.

I gravitate toward the medicine-ball horsey equivalents...

I was dreamin' when I wrote this. So sue me if I go too fast. ~ 1999, Prince, 1982.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-12, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy4957 View Post
Good fresh shrimp doesn't smell much. I get the ones that are frozen in a block, which, if you live anyplace other than a shrimping area are probably "fresher" than truly fresh shrimp flown or trucked in. But they have no smell other than "ocean" when they are frozen on the boat and then newly thawed just before you cook them. (BTW, as one who used to sell shrimp as a kid, they will take on an ammonia smell not long after they are thawed, so that's how you can know if what you're buying is still pretty fresh.)

If you shoot me a PM with your email address, I'll email you the recipe for the tequila-lime cocktail sauce. It's fabulous. The only thing that I've learned about that one is that however many shrimp you cook will be eaten, particularly if you pass them with servers. People will never pass up a fresh, tail-on shrimp dipped in this sauce. And some will eat literally dozens of them in a sitting (or standing, as the case may be).

So Luv, is your Audrey Hepbull a breeder? She looks very well bred. I'd kind of like to get an ill-bred non-breeder one with a little more snout on him or her just to try to avoid the sinus issues, but you have one beautiful little medicine-ball doggie, there.

I gravitate toward the medicine-ball horsey equivalents...
I will get you my emails address, I want to try that sauce! Although hubby is the chef around here, I'll have to sweet talk him into making it for me.

And actually Audrey IS a pet quality bulldog. I wouldn't say she's not well bred, but she is not show quality by any means. For one thing she is VERY small. She only weighs 38 lbs. Her back, or topline, would really be a fault for showing too.

If you are interested in getting a bulldog, let me know. You have to be so careful with bulldogs! Far too many breed them for $$, they are expensive dogs. They don't care about their health, they just want those puppy sales.

Audrey's breathing is actually awesome, we just have to be careful with overheating and the pool. She sinks like a stone! She also LOVES!!!!! fresh shrimp! She eats hers raw though. (she only eats raw meat-nothing cooked or processed) The shells are good natural glucosamine.
The Following User Says Thank You to Luvmybully For This Useful Post:
escott (04-24-12)
Old 04-24-12, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by escott View Post
What is the latest project?
Latest project is a quilt using the same line of fabric as the bed cover.

here is Audrey helping me check it out
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Luvmybully For This Useful Post:
Bluerose (06-10-12), Turbochica (05-16-12)
Old 05-16-12, 09:02 AM

Thanked 3,560 Times in 2,135 Posts
Turbochica has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochica has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochica has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochica has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochica has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochica has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochica has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochica has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochica has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochica has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochica has a reputation beyond repute

Beautiful work there

Fyodor Dostoevsky

The Following User Says Thank You to Turbochica For This Useful Post:
Luvmybully (05-16-12)