ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > General Medication Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

General Medication Discussion This section is to be used for general medication discussion and other medications not broken out in their own respective forums.

Old 04-28-12, 03:39 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 3,341 Times in 1,874 Posts
Shockwaeve has a reputation beyond reputeShockwaeve has a reputation beyond reputeShockwaeve has a reputation beyond reputeShockwaeve has a reputation beyond reputeShockwaeve has a reputation beyond reputeShockwaeve has a reputation beyond reputeShockwaeve has a reputation beyond reputeShockwaeve has a reputation beyond reputeShockwaeve has a reputation beyond reputeShockwaeve has a reputation beyond reputeShockwaeve has a reputation beyond repute
Desperate...

I'm at the end of my rope here. In order to have all the chances I need to put action to my motivation and finish for once in my life what I've been trying to accomplish for so many years (studies) - I need medication.

BUT : my body seems to have a high intolerance or hyper sensibility for constipation and thus anything provoking even in the slightest triggers its integrity.

I've tried everything, checked all meds on internet, please help for I can't find any med's left without concerned side effects. Constipation to be clear.

I am so hot I went to Hell
Old 04-30-12, 08:24 AM

Shockwaeve has a reputation beyond reputeShockwaeve has a reputation beyond reputeShockwaeve has a reputation beyond reputeShockwaeve has a reputation beyond reputeShockwaeve has a reputation beyond reputeShockwaeve has a reputation beyond reputeShockwaeve has a reputation beyond reputeShockwaeve has a reputation beyond reputeShockwaeve has a reputation beyond reputeShockwaeve has a reputation beyond reputeShockwaeve has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Desperate...

I need meds without constipation. Please help.

Old 05-01-12, 02:59 AM

Ok someone close this thread. I don't like being ignored, although I still have no answer to my question.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-12, 04:52 AM

Thanked 16,050 Times in 7,239 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

No one is ignoring you. People might just not have an answer or the same issues you are having. You didnt even say which med you were on or dose or how long.

AND **bleep off**

I carried a watermelon?
Old 05-01-12, 05:47 AM

Nothing. Since everything caused constipation. But it's irrelevant which I'm on, since I only need to know the one that doesn't trigger it.

Old 05-01-12, 01:13 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

surferdude123 has a spectacular aura aboutsurferdude123 has a spectacular aura about

Hi.

I'm a 29 year old medical student and fellow ADHD sufferer so hopefully I can bring some extra insight into your current state.

Stimulant medication rarely causes constipation in my experience both personally, and through my pediatric rotations. For myself, within 1hr after taking my Adderall XR in the morning I'm headed to the bathroom.

Have you been professionally diagnosed? What "meds" have you tried previously to treat your mental health difficulties?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to surferdude123 For This Useful Post:
sarahsweets (05-01-12), Shockwaeve (05-01-12)
Old 05-01-12, 04:09 PM

Thanks surferdude123

Yes I have. Ritalin, Concerta, Strattera, Seroquel, Wellbutrin as last one. Only 3 days though. I should give it more opportunities to prove something.

Old 05-01-12, 04:27 PM
moderator of all species

Thanked 5,879 Times in 3,264 Posts
silivrentoliel has a reputation beyond reputesilivrentoliel has a reputation beyond reputesilivrentoliel has a reputation beyond reputesilivrentoliel has a reputation beyond reputesilivrentoliel has a reputation beyond reputesilivrentoliel has a reputation beyond reputesilivrentoliel has a reputation beyond reputesilivrentoliel has a reputation beyond reputesilivrentoliel has a reputation beyond reputesilivrentoliel has a reputation beyond reputesilivrentoliel has a reputation beyond repute

I'm on both Ritalin and Concerta and never had similar issues. Have you tried to usual ways to relieve constipation? like more fiber? coffee? pills for it?

Follow ADDForums on Twitter & Facebook
The Following User Says Thank You to silivrentoliel For This Useful Post:
Shockwaeve (05-03-12)
Old 05-02-12, 03:28 PM
ADDvanced Member

Vector is a jewel in the roughVector is a jewel in the roughVector is a jewel in the rough

You could try to combine magnesium citrate while taking regular adhd medication.

Also, perhaps it helps to drink plenty of water through out the day.
The Following User Says Thank You to Vector For This Useful Post:
Shockwaeve (05-03-12)
Old 05-02-12, 04:23 PM

Thanked 17,399 Times in 7,271 Posts
Amtram has a reputation beyond reputeAmtram has a reputation beyond reputeAmtram has a reputation beyond reputeAmtram has a reputation beyond reputeAmtram has a reputation beyond reputeAmtram has a reputation beyond reputeAmtram has a reputation beyond reputeAmtram has a reputation beyond reputeAmtram has a reputation beyond reputeAmtram has a reputation beyond reputeAmtram has a reputation beyond repute

I would say that you should check in with a gastroenterologist to find out if there's an underlying cause for your constipation, because it's not really a common side effect of these meds. (Flatulence, on the other hand. . .but that goes away after a while!)
The Following User Says Thank You to Amtram For This Useful Post:
Shockwaeve (05-03-12)
Old 05-03-12, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silivrentoliel View Post
I'm on both Ritalin and Concerta and never had similar issues. Have you tried to usual ways to relieve constipation? like more fiber? coffee? pills for it?
Yes but since it's in my genes, the slow digestion it gets to a severe point while medicated. I take fiber, coffee, boiled fruit, juice, load of water and digestive tea, Valverde or fruit&fiber or Herbesan in the evening (pill) and sirop. Only when on meds. I've been la naturelle since one week. Nothing artificial.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector View Post
You could try to combine magnesium citrate while taking regular adhd medication.

Also, perhaps it helps to drink plenty of water through out the day.
I'll suggest it to my therapist. Did that work for you ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amtram View Post
I would say that you should check in with a gastroenterologist to find out if there's an underlying cause for your constipation, because it's not really a common side effect of these meds. (Flatulence, on the other hand. . .but that goes away after a while!)
Yeah I'll consider that, thnx =) You do have a point.

Thanks for answering folks. Like mentioned in a different thread, my mind tends to lose control at the lightest hint of being ignored. Although I was fully prepared to be independent on this school, every body feels the sting of the needle...