ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > General Medication Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

General Medication Discussion This section is to be used for general medication discussion and other medications not broken out in their own respective forums.

Old 04-28-12, 08:42 PM

detonati0n is on a distinguished road
ADHD and Tourretes

I have been diagnosed with ADHD & Tourrete's since I was in elementary school. I am in college now and recently tried a stimulant for the first time, after asking my psychiatrist to prescribe one because focus issues were making it very hard for me to do work, especially math.

I was always told that they increase tics. However upon taking Adderall (10mg) a low dose, I've actually had a DECREASE in the few tics I still have in college, along with extremely less anxiety and "nagging negative thoughts."

I am shocked that it worked so well. Only side affect I'm experiencing is loss of appetite and feeling slightly chilly, nothing compared to Abilify which I took when tics were a lot worse in the past.