ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Wellbutrin
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Wellbutrin (bupropion hcl)

Old 04-25-12, 02:56 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 3,638 Times in 2,008 Posts
Shockwaeve has a reputation beyond reputeShockwaeve has a reputation beyond reputeShockwaeve has a reputation beyond reputeShockwaeve has a reputation beyond reputeShockwaeve has a reputation beyond reputeShockwaeve has a reputation beyond reputeShockwaeve has a reputation beyond reputeShockwaeve has a reputation beyond reputeShockwaeve has a reputation beyond reputeShockwaeve has a reputation beyond reputeShockwaeve has a reputation beyond repute
My first day

First day on. Very excited since already noticing results. Half a pill of lowest dose.

Trying to keep a schedule and a diary to keep on track of symptoms to evaluate the efficiency.

I've already noticed several positive (constipation clearly over, best feeling in the world) and negative results - still easily distracted or chaotic, missed or overlooked some details due to high speed and thus gave bad impression =( Rather impulsive when stimulated (shouted 'va te faire enculer mec' during insult debate for fun with a friend in middle of class) and need lots of energy to focus and not fall asleep with people during long stories.

From what I've read so far round here, memory loss seems to be the main issue, but personally it is the most convenient medication till date.

Stories from depression to narcissism ? I've heard my therapist warning me about it.

Feel free to share any tips, experiences or anything else !
Old 04-29-12, 12:36 AM

thejohnson475 is on a distinguished road
Re: My first day

the first few days are typically great for people but don't be surprised if you experience a slight depression for a few days, this happens to a lot of people when starting their meds but the effects should even out and stay consistant after you go through the little ups and downs the first few weeks.
Shockwaeve (04-29-12)
Old 04-29-12, 12:39 AM
Moderator of all seasons

Thanked 12,629 Times in 6,458 Posts
anonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond repute

Wellbutrin has been one of the greatest meds I've taken. I'll never go off it.
Long-term, we must begin to build our internal strengths. It isn't just skills like computer technology. It's the old-fashioned basics of self-reliance, self-motivation, self-reinforcement, self-discipline, self-command.

~Steven Pressfield
Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-12, 03:44 AM

Thanked 3,638 Times in 2,008 Posts
Shockwaeve has a reputation beyond reputeShockwaeve has a reputation beyond reputeShockwaeve has a reputation beyond reputeShockwaeve has a reputation beyond reputeShockwaeve has a reputation beyond reputeShockwaeve has a reputation beyond reputeShockwaeve has a reputation beyond reputeShockwaeve has a reputation beyond reputeShockwaeve has a reputation beyond reputeShockwaeve has a reputation beyond reputeShockwaeve has a reputation beyond repute

But it does cause slight constipation ?
Old 04-29-12, 09:24 AM

Thanked 16,899 Times in 7,642 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocyan View Post
But it does cause slight constipation ?
Some people complain of constipation but for me it seems to be the oposite.

AND **bleep off**

I carried a watermelon?
Old 04-29-12, 02:52 PM
Forum ADDvocate

425runner has a spectacular aura about425runner has a spectacular aura about

I'm on day 5 and feel more depressed then before I started....no energy boost whatsoever...just feeling kind of "out of it", spaced out and don't care about anything...oh and extremely emotional. I hate that the most!!
Old 05-08-12, 04:53 PM
Contributor

PickMeUpRoadie is a name known to allPickMeUpRoadie is a name known to allPickMeUpRoadie is a name known to allPickMeUpRoadie is a name known to allPickMeUpRoadie is a name known to allPickMeUpRoadie is a name known to allPickMeUpRoadie is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by 425runner View Post
I'm on day 5 and feel more depressed then before I started....no energy boost whatsoever...just feeling kind of "out of it", spaced out and don't care about anything...oh and extremely emotional. I hate that the most!!
I'm on about week 3 (titrated up to 300 mg after a week and a half), and the depression, sudden sleepiness, insomnia, and loose stool have pretty much left. I feel like I felt before college (like an almost normal human being, rather than depressed and sleepy and staying up late all the time). The ADD isn't as well treated as those precious few hours on Adderall, but I'm not depressed to the point where I would often nap 2 hours into 20 mg of adderall. I've been waking up after 7-8 hours of sleep compared to the 10-13 hours I had been getting.

Stay with it. If you need a little pick-me-up, then have some caffeine or something. It is slow-paced for the typical ADDer, but so far it has been worth it for me.

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data.”

“I never remember feeling tired by work, though idleness exhausts me completely”

"If we are going to be damned, let us be damned for what we really are." - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

"The saxophones...are not expected...to behave like demented cats... "
Ralph Vaughan Williams, notes to his Symphony No.9 in E minor