ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Meditation and Spirituality
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-12, 11:48 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 3,330 Times in 1,907 Posts
Bluerose has a reputation beyond reputeBluerose has a reputation beyond reputeBluerose has a reputation beyond reputeBluerose has a reputation beyond reputeBluerose has a reputation beyond reputeBluerose has a reputation beyond reputeBluerose has a reputation beyond reputeBluerose has a reputation beyond reputeBluerose has a reputation beyond reputeBluerose has a reputation beyond reputeBluerose has a reputation beyond repute
Personal and spiritual goals

My goal is to translate my pain into compassion and love in order to help others and alleviate their suffering, or at the very least not contribute to it.

What are your personal and spiritual goals?
anonymouslyadd (05-17-12), BR549 (05-11-12), Drewbacca (05-17-12), Lillianmay (04-30-12), LynneC (04-30-12), SB_UK (05-11-12), tudorose (05-22-12), Unmanagable (05-17-12)
Old 04-30-12, 02:30 PM
Moderator of mind and heart

Thanked 20,437 Times in 8,303 Posts
sarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Personal and spiritual goals

Mine are twofold. The first part is very much the same as yours, bluerose. I want to help people to the extent of my abilities and in so doing hope to be part of a better world as I envision it.
The other part is developing all my natural talents to the maximum extent possible and learn all there is to learn for me.

Humans are caterpillars who do not know they can become butterflies.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sarek For This Useful Post:
Bluerose (05-01-12), BR549 (05-11-12), Drewbacca (05-17-12), Lillianmay (04-30-12), LynneC (04-30-12), Unmanagable (05-17-12)
Old 04-30-12, 03:27 PM
Contributor

Lillianmay has much to be proud ofLillianmay has much to be proud ofLillianmay has much to be proud ofLillianmay has much to be proud ofLillianmay has much to be proud ofLillianmay has much to be proud ofLillianmay has much to be proud ofLillianmay has much to be proud ofLillianmay has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluerose View Post
My goal is to translate my pain into compassion and love in order to help others and alleviate their suffering, or at the very least not contribute to it.

That is lovely Bluerose!

I hope I can do the same.

I hope to grow to be able to ask forgiveness and give forgiveness.

To give with joy and love what gifts I have.

To avoid pity parties.

To see the beauty around me even when it is hidden behind dirt and scars.

To seek others along the way who are good for me.

To have respect for others with different points of view.

To seek help and guidance, accepting that there is a lot I do not know or understand, or will ever be able to.

To accept a helping hand without resentment.

To confront troubles and catastrophes with trust and faith.

To not get in the way of anotherís spiritual journey.

To seek always the source of Love, Beauty and Truth.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lillianmay For This Useful Post:
Bluerose (05-01-12), BR549 (05-11-12), Unmanagable (05-17-12)
Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-12, 09:03 AM

Bluerose has a reputation beyond reputeBluerose has a reputation beyond reputeBluerose has a reputation beyond reputeBluerose has a reputation beyond reputeBluerose has a reputation beyond reputeBluerose has a reputation beyond reputeBluerose has a reputation beyond reputeBluerose has a reputation beyond reputeBluerose has a reputation beyond reputeBluerose has a reputation beyond reputeBluerose has a reputation beyond repute

"You're a lovely person bluerose" this message was left for me by ginniebean. I haven't always been a nice person. I was an abused, frightened child, an angry, suicidal teenager, a struggling young wife and mother, a soldier's wife, and on and off a psychiatric patient.

I have a discharge letter here from my psych-doc. Iíve struggled all my life with crap from my childhood. In the sixties and seventies the help wasnít there and this made my struggle harder. But the last 10 to 15 years, I can honestly say that I have had help coming out of the walls. It definitely helped when my children got old enough to be considered adults and well able to take care of themselves, it took a lot of the pressure off of me lessening my stress enormously. Now they have children of their own and thatís something worth living for.

Again I say, my personal and spiritual goal is to translate all the crap into compassion and love in order to help others and alleviate their sufferingÖ

or at the very least not contribute to it.

Thank you all so very, very much for the support I have received on this forum.

I think it saved my life.
BR549 (05-11-12), Fuzzy12 (05-06-12), LynneC (05-11-12), peripatetic (05-12-12), SB_UK (05-11-12), tudorose (05-22-12), Unmanagable (05-17-12)
Old 05-11-12, 06:00 AM

ADDnotSUBTRACT is on a distinguished road

I started practicing zen buddhism about 2-3 years ago and while I still struggle daily with my ADD It has helped me with acceptance. I have become much more in tune with suffering (in the zen sense as well as literally) and I have unlocked a passion to improve others lives as much as I want to improve my own. Sitting in zazen has also aided in realizing ADD is not "who" I am. So I guess my spiritual goal is to continue on the path to the truth and embrace compassion for everything especially myself which has been the hardest part of my ADD.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ADDnotSUBTRACT For This Useful Post:
Bluerose (05-11-12), BR549 (05-11-12), LynneC (05-11-12), Unmanagable (05-17-12)
Old 05-11-12, 01:08 PM

I’m also into Zen. I enjoy meditation, relaxation, and the use of affirmations. It’s not an overnight cure but it can make life a bit easier to cope with.
ADDnotSUBTRACT (05-11-12), Unmanagable (05-17-12)
Old 05-11-12, 01:24 PM

Thanked 17,373 Times in 7,827 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

I want to learn to forgive myself and love myself as much as others seem to love me.

AND **bleep off**

I carried a watermelon?
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
ADDnotSUBTRACT (05-11-12), Bluerose (05-16-12), BR549 (05-11-12), LynneC (05-11-12), tudorose (05-22-12), Unmanagable (05-17-12)
Old 05-11-12, 04:26 PM

Thanked 6,148 Times in 4,449 Posts
SB_UK has disabled reputation

Quote:
"You're a lovely person bluerose" this message was left for me by ginniebean.
Ginnie's rarely (to be read 'never') wrong.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SB_UK For This Useful Post:
Bluerose (05-16-12), Unmanagable (05-17-12)
Old 05-11-12, 04:29 PM

Thanked 6,148 Times in 4,449 Posts
SB_UK has disabled reputation

Quote:

To help shape a world in which we're free to cut the mind adrift.

(see signature)
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SB_UK For This Useful Post:
Bluerose (05-16-12), BR549 (05-11-12), peripatetic (05-12-12), tudorose (05-22-12), Unmanagable (05-17-12)
Old 05-11-12, 05:15 PM
Super Meowaderator

Thanked 14,792 Times in 5,857 Posts
meadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Personal and spiritual goals

Balance . . . . . .

Follow ADDForums on Twitter & Facebook
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to meadd823 For This Useful Post:
Bluerose (05-16-12), tudorose (05-22-12), Unmanagable (05-17-12)
Old 05-16-12, 01:01 PM

Since receiving a discharge letter from my psych-doc, I have been experiencing the most amazing freedom for the first time in my life. The kids are doing well, the grandkids are amazing, and the sun is shining today. Iím up to my elbows in a clear out; out with the old and in with the new. They say your outside world is a reflection of your inside world. If my outside world is anything to go by then my inside world is going to be so neat and organised for the first time in itís existence.

Have a great day everyone!!!!!!!!!!
tudorose (05-22-12), Unmanagable (05-17-12)
Old 05-17-12, 01:53 AM
ADDvanced Wookiee ADDvocate

Thanked 6,178 Times in 2,899 Posts
Drewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond repute

To go to bed every night with a sense of accomplishment, no matter how small.
To find my place in the world, doing what I do best, helping others.
To find a spiritual home, whether it be UU, Zen, or even some form of theism. It would be nice to belong to a community again; to celebrate my acceptance of a higher power in a place where they are open enough to accept that there may not be one.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Drewbacca For This Useful Post:
Bluerose (05-29-12), Unmanagable (05-17-12)
Old 05-17-12, 02:16 AM
Moderator of all seasons

Thanked 12,946 Times in 6,610 Posts
anonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond repute

I hope to share my story with others so that they can see what has happened to myself and family.

I hope to move hundreds of miles away within the next two years.

I would so love to be healthy again. I know my body will never be quite like it was, but I'd like to be able to jog again.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to anonymouslyadd For This Useful Post:
Bluerose (05-29-12), tudorose (05-22-12), Unmanagable (06-17-12)
Old 05-18-12, 11:56 AM

Thanked 2,287 Times in 961 Posts
Joker_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeJoker_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeJoker_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeJoker_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeJoker_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeJoker_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeJoker_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeJoker_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeJoker_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeJoker_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeJoker_Girl has a reputation beyond repute

My goal, as always, is to help others. That has always been what i have liked to do.

Another goal is to heal quickly from my surgery so i can get back to work, but that is up to my body, not me. I hope i have healed enough i can get my surgeons consent to return to work when i go back in two weeks.

The Drifters Game:http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141997
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Joker_Girl For This Useful Post:
Bluerose (05-29-12), tudorose (05-22-12), Unmanagable (06-17-12)
Old 05-22-12, 09:11 AM
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

Thanked 4,531 Times in 1,943 Posts
tudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond repute

I hope to keep recovering both mentally and physically. I know I will never be the way I was before but I hope I can use wisdom to be better. Life will be different now. I have to be sensible and pace myself. I can no longer use brute strength or run myself into the ground. I think this is a good thing.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tudorose For This Useful Post:
Bluerose (05-29-12), Unmanagable (06-17-12)