ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > CO-EXISTING CONDITIONS > Chronic Fatigue Syndrome & Fibromyalgia
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 08-30-11, 05:44 AM
Banned

alacemessi is on a distinguished road
Re: Hashimoto's Disease, Hypothyroid, Fibromyalgia... Fatigue + Hyperactivity?

For curing your hypothyroidism and hypoactive thyroid you can go for thyroid supplement
Old 04-29-12, 05:09 PM

sandralee is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Hashimoto's Disease, Hypothyroid, Fibromyalgia... Fatigue + Hyperactivity?

I have just been diagnosed with Autoimmune Thyroiditus (Hashimoto's) and had previously been on 18 mg. of Concerta for my ADD. A couple of Summers ago, I decided to limit my gluten intake, despite the fact that I am not Celiac and there was no 'real' medical reason for doing so. I found out, within very short order, that my ADD symptoms lessened to the point where I would actually get headaches if I took my Concerta. I took myself off of the Concerta and continued on with a (somewhat) low-gluten diet and have see a difference. Now I'm learning that I have Hashimoto's Disease, and I've read that a low-gluten diet can lessen the symptoms. I'm wondering now if I even had ADD or if I (and my Doctor) were mistaking the symptoms of ADD with those of Hashimoto's Disease. I think that it's definitely worth getting checked out.....until then, try cutting all gluten out of your diet for a while (not as hard as it seems!) If you start getting headaches from your ADD meds, ask your MD about not taking them for a while. I think there's something to it!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sandralee For This Useful Post:
Drewbacca (05-01-12), letsdothis (12-20-12)
Old 05-01-12, 03:22 AM
ADDvanced Wookiee ADDvocate

Thanked 6,148 Times in 2,886 Posts
Drewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandralee View Post
I have just been diagnosed with Autoimmune Thyroiditus (Hashimoto's) and had previously been on 18 mg. of Concerta for my ADD. A couple of Summers ago, I decided to limit my gluten intake, despite the fact that I am not Celiac and there was no 'real' medical reason for doing so. I found out, within very short order, that my ADD symptoms lessened to the point where I would actually get headaches if I took my Concerta. I took myself off of the Concerta and continued on with a (somewhat) low-gluten diet and have see a difference. Now I'm learning that I have Hashimoto's Disease, and I've read that a low-gluten diet can lessen the symptoms. I'm wondering now if I even had ADD or if I (and my Doctor) were mistaking the symptoms of ADD with those of Hashimoto's Disease. I think that it's definitely worth getting checked out.....until then, try cutting all gluten out of your diet for a while (not as hard as it seems!) If you start getting headaches from your ADD meds, ask your MD about not taking them for a while. I think there's something to it!
It's hard to say whether ADHD is a disease in of itself, or a common list of symptoms that are caused by several different deficiencies. It's not much of a stretch to suggest that some ADHD can be cured by diet, while other forms can be cured by lifestyle changes, while other forms can be treated with whatever... you get the idea. It's definitely worth trying an elimination diet to see if it helps with the symptoms. In my case, a full year of gluten free and dairy free changed nothing. As they say, YMMV.
My current thought, considering that tyrosine is produced from casein and my body has a strong antibody reaction to casein, is that perhaps a simple tyrosine supplement while cutting out the dairy/cheese again might make a difference. Anything is worth trying once, but I won't hold my breath with my latest theory either.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-12-12, 12:35 PM
Banned

walace is on a distinguished road

Your symptoms are all accurate for someone who has hypothyroidism. Fibro, well can be mistaken for fatigue. You have to see a doctor and have him help you what to do to release your worries.