ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adult Diagnosis & Treatment
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adult Diagnosis & Treatment This forum is for the discussion of issues related to the diagnosis of AD/HD

Old 04-30-12, 08:45 PM

mycutepup is on a distinguished road
I am new and wondering if I have add or adhd

I have never been diagnosed but I have been labelled crazy, retarded, sweet, funny and a psychiatrist friend said I am full of character. But what bothers me the most is when people call me crazy. I asked my family why they call me crazy the asnswer is because I act and talk crazy.
I am a 38 years old, mom of two beautiful kids, have friends who call me crazy but accept me the way I am.
Here is a list of my problems:
I don't know how to express myself or find the right word ( I have a master degree). Hard for me to finish my sentences in a conversation.
When I am at a party I want to talk and mingle with the crowd but it is hard for me to do so because I can't focus in a conversation nor can I understand what people say.
After every party I get very depress because I am so sure that I have said some funny or inappropriate things to people at the party. I drank heavily at some parties in the past and did some crazy things (touched somebody's butt) never get invited again.
People say I make some funny facial expression that makes me look like a crazy person.
My appearence is very confident and yet inside I am so stress that I am short of breath.
The more messy my house is the more stress I get and yet I don't clean it as often as I should.
I don't sleep well at night because I am so stressed.
I don't plan much of anything in advance.
Most of the time my mind is so cluttered.
I haven't read a book in years because I can't follow a one line sentence without trying really hard.
I often mis pronounce even simple words when I read.
Do I sound like ADHD? Is there medication that would free me from being labelled 'sweet but crazy lady'?
Thanks for reading
Old 05-01-12, 09:32 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 17,066 Times in 7,698 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute
Re: I am new and wondering if I have add or adhd

How long have you had your symptoms?

AND **bleep off**

I carried a watermelon?
Old 05-01-12, 09:48 AM
Contributor

Flia has disabled reputation

If these symptoms are fairly new, then it's probably something else.
Depression and stress can trigger the things you describe in anyone.

Focus on how your school years were, particularly high school and college (before that it's not unusual that kids get the help they need regardless of diagnose). Did you get good grades only in areas that interested you? Did you talk a lot in class, or were you accused of day dreaming?
Old 05-02-12, 01:00 PM

mycutepup is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flia View Post
If these symptoms are fairly new, then it's probably something else.
Depression and stress can trigger the things you describe in anyone.

Focus on how your school years were, particularly high school and college (before that it's not unusual that kids get the help they need regardless of diagnose). Did you get good grades only in areas that interested you? Did you talk a lot in class, or were you accused of day dreaming?
I have been having these symptoms for as long as I remember. As a child, I remember as being the most ugly in my circle of friends. People used to tease me and call me crazy kid. I was a good student until I started 7 grade. I remember I Aced in subjected that interested and flunked in Math and science. I remember feeling like I was a second class citizen where ever I was. I never felt included in any group. I did talk A LOT in class, I remember being punished for talking and interrupting lecture in classroom. I did so well in subjects that interested me that other other students asked for my help.
Thanks for your response.