ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > CO-EXISTING CONDITIONS > ADDiction & Substance Abuse
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-12, 10:37 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 10,203 Times in 5,539 Posts
Rebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Cocaine is so boring and awful

I hate being lethargic An spacey like that too.hey if cocaine is too boring try motorcycles!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rebelyell For This Useful Post:
ana futura (04-29-12), buddy (04-30-12), Spacemaster (04-30-12), Unmanagable (04-29-12)
Old 04-29-12, 11:03 PM

Thanked 6,227 Times in 3,057 Posts
ana futura has a reputation beyond reputeana futura has a reputation beyond reputeana futura has a reputation beyond reputeana futura has a reputation beyond reputeana futura has a reputation beyond reputeana futura has a reputation beyond reputeana futura has a reputation beyond reputeana futura has a reputation beyond reputeana futura has a reputation beyond reputeana futura has a reputation beyond reputeana futura has a reputation beyond repute

Motorcycles are better than any drug I've ever tried. Hell, bicycles are better too!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ana futura For This Useful Post:
buddy (04-30-12), Drewbacca (04-30-12)
Old 04-29-12, 11:05 PM

Thanked 10,203 Times in 5,539 Posts
Rebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond repute

Sad thing is bikes can hurt n kill ya just as fast
The Following User Says Thank You to Rebelyell For This Useful Post:
buddy (04-30-12)
Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-12, 01:00 AM
ADDvanced Wookiee ADDvocate

Thanked 6,176 Times in 2,899 Posts
Drewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ana futura View Post
Anyone else feel this way? I tried it once, a long time ago, way before I was diagnosed. I thought it was the stupidest, most boring drug. I don't remember much about it, other than thinking it was pointless. I always wondered what people saw in it. Reading about people self medicating with it was surprising to me, because I never had any desire to try it more than once.
The second to last time I ever smoked pot, I was a freshman in college and went for a night hike with my two roommates (a serious hike, several miles into the forest, but that is entirely besides the point). Anyways, I know that we spent at least 30 minutes standing in a circle flashing our flash-lights on each other's faces. Despite being high, and even laughing about it at the time, I never forgot how stupid it was; I don't mean stupid as in putting ourselves in any sort of danger... just, it was stupid, dumb, a waste of time. Any and every time that I've ever been tempted to smoke pot since, I still think of their faces with the flash-light light, and lose all interest. LOL

As for self medicating,
My room mate and I used to take acid to help study. We just had fun for the first four or five hours, but later in the night it just acted like a stimulant and kept us awake enough to have a hard core eight-hour through-the-night study session. At the time, it never occurred to me that I was self medicating for a disorder that I didn't realize I had... I just formed a habit around something that I knew worked.

All of that is behind me now. Sadly, one of my roommates as well as a best friend passed away a few years after an illegal drug related overdose. I was never a big experimenter in the first place, as I like to have control and drugs usually take away control... but, with his death, I've come to look on illegal drugs with disdain.
The Following User Says Thank You to Drewbacca For This Useful Post:
ana futura (04-30-12)
Old 04-30-12, 04:52 AM
ADDvanced Contributor

ADDinHDefgHi?! has much to be proud ofADDinHDefgHi?! has much to be proud ofADDinHDefgHi?! has much to be proud ofADDinHDefgHi?! has much to be proud ofADDinHDefgHi?! has much to be proud ofADDinHDefgHi?! has much to be proud ofADDinHDefgHi?! has much to be proud ofADDinHDefgHi?! has much to be proud ofADDinHDefgHi?! has much to be proud ofADDinHDefgHi?! has much to be proud of

I used to use it occasionally but never got addicted to it. The first time I used it I noticed I felt happier, then I went and played guitar in the corner while all my friends at the time talked and drank.

I always associated Cocaine with focus and was thrown off when I met other people who didn't see it that way.

The difference between good Cocaine and bad Cocaine is night and day in my experience. The bad stuff just made me want to die and I'd end up with an anxiety attack.

The purer Coke was pretty damn good, good thing it's hard for me to find and I couldn't afford it anyway.

I still prefer Dexedrine or Ritalin though, Cocaine just doesn't last long enough for what I wanted to use it for. And I've realized what I wanted to use it for was to feel normal and alert and free of anxiety...etc... which is basically what the purer Cocaine did for me.
“I hate turkeys. If you stand in the meat section at the grocery store long enough, you start to get mad at turkeys. There's turkey ham, turkey bologna, turkey pastrami,...someone needs to tell the turkey, man, just be yourself!”
-Mitch Hedberg

“My nephew has HDADHD. High Definition Attention Deficit Disorder. He can barely pay attention, but when he does it's unbelievably clear.”
-Steven Wright

"Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative."
-Oscar Wilde
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ADDinHDefgHi?! For This Useful Post:
ana futura (04-30-12), Flory (04-30-12)
Old 04-30-12, 10:41 AM

Thanked 1,871 Times in 1,076 Posts
TheChemicals has disabled reputation

Florida is the cocaine HQ. EVeryone out here thinks the are superman
Old 04-30-12, 12:02 PM

Thanked 20,067 Times in 7,227 Posts
ginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond repute

I found cocaine a boring high too, all it did was give me mental alertness, didn't stop me from trying it each time it was offered. I'd never seek it out tho.
ana futura (04-30-12), buddy (04-30-12), Unmanagable (05-02-12)
Old 05-02-12, 03:36 PM

Thanked 2,251 Times in 948 Posts
Joker_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeJoker_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeJoker_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeJoker_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeJoker_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeJoker_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeJoker_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeJoker_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeJoker_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeJoker_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeJoker_Girl has a reputation beyond repute

When i was into all that the main thing i liked about cocaine was it made my nose and my face numb and i thought that was cool. I liked the idea of cocaine, but it didnt get me all tweeked out like it did other people unless i did a whole lot of it.

Despite this, i remember one Saturday where my friend and I came across the chance to obtain i believe it was a quarter of an ounce of it, maybe more. Maybe it was a half an ounce. Anyways, we stayed up doing it over and over, as it only lasts maybe 10 minutes at best, until it was gone. I mean for like 2 days straight. I remember laughing and sitting there and blood just running out of our noses. *Ick* What an ugly thing. It wasnt even that good, but i couldnt stop until it was gone.

The Drifters Game:http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141997
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Joker_Girl For This Useful Post:
ana futura (05-02-12), ginniebean (05-02-12), Unmanagable (05-02-12)
Old 05-02-12, 06:17 PM

ana futura has a reputation beyond reputeana futura has a reputation beyond reputeana futura has a reputation beyond reputeana futura has a reputation beyond reputeana futura has a reputation beyond reputeana futura has a reputation beyond reputeana futura has a reputation beyond reputeana futura has a reputation beyond reputeana futura has a reputation beyond reputeana futura has a reputation beyond reputeana futura has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, the whole "in the nose" thing is another reason I saw no point in trying it again. I never understood the point of drugs that one needed to inhale or inject. Far too messy.
Old 05-02-12, 06:41 PM
Social Committee Moderator

Thanked 14,404 Times in 7,193 Posts
Abi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond repute

TRy ecstacy

[S]pain may have possession of the ball, but we [D]utchies have possession of illegal substances - Sarek

I can't tell [Willem Dafoe] from David Archuleta - Sarek

Follow ADDForums on Twitter & Facebook
Old 05-02-12, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abi View Post
TRy ecstacy
You missed the part where I said I had, and yes, it's the only drug I've ever really liked.

It's a very good thing that MDMA is not chemically addictive, or I could very well have a bunch of holes in my brain in addition to my ADHD.