ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > CO-EXISTING CONDITIONS > Anxiety Disorders, OCD & PTSD
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Anxiety Disorders, OCD & PTSD A forum to discuss Anxiety, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Panic Disorder, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, Simple Phobias, and Social Anxiety Disorder

Old 05-02-12, 01:50 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 4,327 Times in 1,871 Posts
pechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Panic attacks

He needs to take you to a doctor.

"I find a duck's opinion of me is very much influenced by whether or not I have bread. Ducks love bread, but they can't buy any. That's the biggest joke on the duck ever."
Mitch Hedberg

"You would be the world's worst ninja."
Pechemignonne's boyfriend
Old 05-02-12, 04:07 PM
Contributor

oneup is just really niceoneup is just really niceoneup is just really niceoneup is just really nice

Finding ways to relax can really help with panic attacks, like walking, or swimming. Listening to death metal and other types of highly charged music can amp up the bodies nervous system, actually causing panic attacks. If you can't get help from your parents you might be able to make some adjustments like these that help. Speaking from experience btw--good luck!
Old 05-02-12, 05:19 PM
ADDvanced Member

DeathMetal2000 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaughingRats View Post

Look in ginger
. I've tried it three to five times to stop\reduce my nausea that was already present and it seemed to work very well. I also know a lady that used it with success for nausea from lorazepam withdrawal.
I've had ginger products a few times, they always make me sick and not reduce the nausea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneup View Post
Finding ways to relax can really help with panic attacks, like walking, or swimming. Listening to death metal and other types of highly charged music can amp up the bodies nervous system, actually causing panic attacks. If you can't get help from your parents you might be able to make some adjustments like these that help. Speaking from experience btw--good luck!
I said that nausea is the only trigger, music doesn't give me panic attacks.
Old 05-03-12, 01:53 AM
Contributor

oneup is just really niceoneup is just really niceoneup is just really niceoneup is just really nice

That nausea is often a symptom of anxiety or stress, and anxiety and stress are both often closely linked with panic attacks, so this is why I recommended trying to relax to see if that would help. The buildup of stress, suppressed anger, anxiety, or whatever else, might be occurring for hours or days, maybe even weeks before it blows up into the physical symptoms of a panic attack. But it could also be that you are dreading school and that is building up. It could be a bunch of stuff we all have different things going on in our lives. You really should see a doctor and talk about this. Can you try to talk to your school counselor or your parents again?
Old 05-03-12, 02:32 AM
ADDvanced Member

DeathMetal2000 is on a distinguished road

I do have a lot of anger in me built up over years of being bullied.