ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Medications for Co-Existing Conditions > Anti-Depressants
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-12, 11:23 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

hollywood is just really nicehollywood is just really nicehollywood is just really nicehollywood is just really nice
Celexa Prozac cymbalta

Between these which
Has the best side effect profile , least cognition impairments

"The Focalin King"
Old 04-30-12, 01:45 PM

hollywood is just really nicehollywood is just really nicehollywood is just really nicehollywood is just really nice
Re: Celexa Prozac cymbalta

So don't all pitch in at once

"The Focalin King"
The Following User Says Thank You to hollywood For This Useful Post:
Flory (04-30-12)
Old 04-30-12, 01:50 PM

Thanked 4,949 Times in 2,533 Posts
Flory has a reputation beyond reputeFlory has a reputation beyond reputeFlory has a reputation beyond reputeFlory has a reputation beyond reputeFlory has a reputation beyond reputeFlory has a reputation beyond reputeFlory has a reputation beyond reputeFlory has a reputation beyond reputeFlory has a reputation beyond reputeFlory has a reputation beyond reputeFlory has a reputation beyond repute

for me prozac was virtually side-effect free at a dose of eventually 60mg, bar the first 10 days with a slight stomach upset..citalopram gave me anxiety attacks...prozac i find very reliable...i haven't personally tried cymbalta though a friend had it for neuropathic pain treatment (arachnoid and synoid cysts) and co-morbid depression felt fairly spinny for a few days but it seemed ok...i'd say i would chose prozac over the other two.
Old 04-30-12, 01:54 PM

Thanked 4,949 Times in 2,533 Posts
Flory has a reputation beyond reputeFlory has a reputation beyond reputeFlory has a reputation beyond reputeFlory has a reputation beyond reputeFlory has a reputation beyond reputeFlory has a reputation beyond reputeFlory has a reputation beyond reputeFlory has a reputation beyond reputeFlory has a reputation beyond reputeFlory has a reputation beyond reputeFlory has a reputation beyond repute

also..in relation to prozac >.<...its in our drinking water over here because its so widely used >.< http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/3545684.stm
Old 04-30-12, 05:04 PM

Yeah I guess prozac seems the likely choice, it's a toss up between that and cymbalta. From what I know prozac seems to help guide my mind out of thinking or getting down on myself too much. Ever since the dawn of allergy season it's been more difficult to think but I know this has been going on for awhile and it has nothing to do with allergy season. The feel of being trapped. I will say that I felt really snappy with prozac at times and a bit non compliant , I'm sure I can handle it though. Cymbalta seemed to have a better overall relaxing side effect profile but in the end I think it caused me to drag, not sure.

"The Focalin King"
The Following User Says Thank You to hollywood For This Useful Post:
Flory (04-30-12)
Old 04-30-12, 06:46 PM
Contributor

gatorADDe has a spectacular aura aboutgatorADDe has a spectacular aura about

I've been taking 10mg Prozac for 3 days and haven't noticed any dips in concentration. It actually has a lil bit of a stimulating effect to it. I also take ritalin but I hate it, it causes too much anxiety
Old 05-01-12, 12:02 AM

Huh, focalin and Ritalin are good for me . I was thinking of doing celexa or cymbalta now I am unsure again. I think I have more stress or anxiety which means cymbalta or celexa would be better ?

"The Focalin King"
Old 05-01-12, 07:49 PM
Contributor

gatorADDe has a spectacular aura aboutgatorADDe has a spectacular aura about

do you mind me asking what kind of anxiety you're suffering from?...for example: social, generalized, performance or physical, panic attacks?? I'm not a doc but depending on what kind of anxiety you have usually determines what class of meds will work for you
Old 05-02-12, 01:14 AM

Yeah it's situational and environmental . It comes on at work when I am around my boss who happens to be my
Father . I seem to freeze and get stuck and second guess myself, it's not normal. It's not panic , it's stress and then I just worry and waste time

"The Focalin King"
Old 05-02-12, 07:37 AM

Thanked 17,071 Times in 7,698 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

I have had really good success with cymbalta

AND **bleep off**

I carried a watermelon?
Old 05-02-12, 10:36 AM

just when I was contemplating celexa I see this and am on the fence again. I was really in the process of narrowing it down. I have felt cymbalta helps but it does give me some fatigue but thats at lower doses and it could be that higher doses may help alot more. What dose of cymbalta are you taking or did you start with? Also, what time did you start taking it? I have tried alot of this and that with the ssri and snri meds while working and it seems like I'm going to have to take a more normal dose. I started with 20mg and felt pretty good after a week some time ago. Other than that I had been trying lower doses and it does help even a bit at lower doses but I think I am going to need like a 20mg starter dose.

"The Focalin King"
Old 05-02-12, 11:35 AM

Thanked 17,071 Times in 7,698 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

I started at 30mg and now am up to 90mg. In the beginning there was some minor sedation it cleared up after about a week.

AND **bleep off**

I carried a watermelon?
Old 05-02-12, 11:46 AM

that sounds accurate. I think that taking the lower dose probably didn't help my issues hence I kept thinking about what I was taking over and over again. So it probably just made it worse. I notice on low doses my focus does seem to suddenly get more well rounded but the background constant questioning this and that is still there. This is what is causing me to feel tired, its the mental racing about what is wrong. Hence anxiety. I took a tiny dose of celexa to see what would happen. I feel a little better. I think I will take 20mg of cymbalta tonight and do that for a week and then go up. I quickly realized after doing well my first semester online that on a low dose of ssri it basically helped me just enough to be able to put most of my constant feelings of boredom filled worry in the background. Not very well though since the dose was not high enough. So when I stopped and went back to baseline for a month even with the low dose that I was on I went right back to full time worrying which means your never really involved in your current situation. YOur always somewhere else thinking about is this making you feel this way or is it this making you feel this way. I finally realized that I'm not tired or fatigued at all. Its the worrying about whats making me tired. When I stop that , I'm fine.

"The Focalin King"
Old 05-03-12, 10:50 AM

Nice job on all the feedback , for those that have pitched in thanks for the responses. I've narrowed it down to lexapro and or prozac. Seems like I have had alot better responses with those two not making me tired . Prozac is pretty awesome for getting things done I've noticed, but it seems like lexapro is a more normal feeling of it.

"The Focalin King"