ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > CO-EXISTING CONDITIONS > Sensory
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-12, 07:58 AM
ADDvanced Member

blgw99 will become famous soon enough
Auditory/visual integration (while reading)?

Does anyone experience the thing that when you read something written by a person you know (status update, blog post, text message, what ever), you immediately hear it as it would be spoken by the person?

It is weird as I hear/sense (more like, sense, as I do not actually hear it as a hallucination I think, more just my imagination) it so loud that sometimes it starts to bother me.
Old 04-26-12, 11:48 PM

flycatcher has a spectacular aura aboutflycatcher has a spectacular aura about
Re: Auditory/visual integration (while reading)?

I thought that's normal?
Old 05-07-12, 03:29 PM
ADDvanced Member

blgw99 will become famous soon enough

I have no idea, but as it started just a few yeas ago in my case, I found it odd.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-12, 10:54 PM
Jr Member

Clouded-Mind is on a distinguished road

I monologue too and its not bad you shouldn't be worried unless you hear other voices telling you to burn houses than seek help.
"There is nothing in this world that is truly "perfect". Though it may be a rather large cliché, it is still the truth. It is the ordinary people who look up to "perfection" as an ideal and seek after it. But in truth, what is this idea of "perfection" truly worth? Nothing. Not a single thing. I detest "perfection". To be "perfect" is to be unable to improve any further. There would be no scope for "creation", not a single gap in one's knowledge or one's ability..."

-Mayuri Kurosutchi
Old 06-29-12, 02:06 PM
ADDvanced Member

QuantumIguana has a spectacular aura aboutQuantumIguana has a spectacular aura about

If I know what the person sounds like, I can't imagine not hearing it in my head in their voice. If I'm reading a Star Trek novel, for example, I hear the chanracters as they would speak.
Old 06-29-12, 02:14 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

plank80 is a glorious beacon of lightplank80 is a glorious beacon of lightplank80 is a glorious beacon of lightplank80 is a glorious beacon of lightplank80 is a glorious beacon of light

I get this as well, I think most people probably do.

If I see were someone is from before reading a post I'll hear it with a tinge of their accent or what I think they should sound like.