ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > Site Suggestions & Feedback
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 05-12-12, 12:41 PM

DepressedChopra is on a distinguished road
Alerting the poster of rejected posts

When someone's post is rejected, or deleted, would it be a good idea to send them a canned email with a no-reply return-to address telling them which part of the guidelines they violated? I think it would still spare the moderator(s) from having to deal with the poster's personality, but be a bit more supportive.
Old 05-12-12, 12:43 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 20,053 Times in 7,221 Posts
ginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Alerting the poster of rejected posts

They do send mails, it can be summed up "spank spank you know better, wag finger!!, now be nice!" or at least that's what I get..

(THE above dialogue in no way is a quote or actual representation of any conversation with a mod)

I took liberties
Dizfriz (05-12-12), LynneC (05-13-12)
Old 05-12-12, 08:25 PM
supermoderator

Thanked 23,326 Times in 10,515 Posts
peripatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DepressedChopra View Post
When someone's post is rejected, or deleted, would it be a good idea to send them a canned email with a no-reply return-to address telling them which part of the guidelines they violated? I think it would still spare the moderator(s) from having to deal with the poster's personality, but be a bit more supportive.
that *is* our overall policy. i defo do...or intend to...though i am human. i don't just remove stuff...i tell theperson why so they can avoid violating guidelines in future if so desired. well, i tell them whether desired or not...with quoted portion of guidelines and link to full guidelines.

that ssaid...i'm all human ****e and also adhd and i can't say i'venever failed to...though i can't recall having done so...if i could...i'd rectify it.

if you have had something removed/not showing on open forum, please alert the section moderators or any orange and we can address it with you in private message (it is in violation to discuss specific moderator actions in the open forum)

Quote:
If Your Post Is Edited:
* Locking/Editing/Deleting/Merging Posts:
If your post has been locked, edited, deleted, or merged there was a reason behind the change. If you choose to flame the Moderator for making a change to your post or thread, you may be warned or banned, depending on your posting history.
http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15842

it's also covered in our more general policy, though this is about banning, we do not to discuss or allow discussion of actions taken against members on the open forum (actions taken with respect to self or others):

Quote:
It should also be noted, as an aside, that staff will NOT publicize the reasons behind...actions.
http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48888

hope that helps

EDIT: i don't send an "email"...i send private messages only and i believe that is the manner in which other staff typically manage these situations as well.

Last edited by peripatetic; 05-12-12 at 08:27 PM.. Reason: clarification
The Following User Says Thank You to peripatetic For This Useful Post:
LynneC (05-13-12)
Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-12, 12:40 AM
Super Meowaderator

Thanked 14,702 Times in 5,818 Posts
meadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with the above - The only reason a single post is removed is due to a guideline violation - I typically do PM the member explaining the reason behind my action. Have I forgotten to do so - most likely.

Every now and then an entire thread is inappropriate although I may PM the one who began the thread I may or may not PM every member who responded, depending upon how many were actually part of the discussion divided by the amount of computer time I have.

Those are the generalization any specifics will have to be taken up privately.

Follow ADDForums on Twitter & Facebook
The Following User Says Thank You to meadd823 For This Useful Post:
Amtram (05-14-12)