ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Concerta
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Concerta (methylphenidate) Time released Ritalin - 10 hour long acting tablet.

Old 05-15-12, 10:05 PM
Jr Member

aglobke is on a distinguished road
I can't remember ANYTHING

Hello I have been taking 54mg daily of concerta for about 8 yrs, i have ADD depression and SA...

But I can never remember anything that has happened to me in the past week, only the past few days. I really have to dig deep to remember.

For example, whenever I speak to my therapist she usually asks me how my week has gone(keep in mind I see her on a Monday), and I usually only reply based on the past few days. She also asks me of specific examples of SA i have been experiencing, and I can only give examples that either really stand out, or have happened either Sunday or Monday...

Is this normal? I really am frusterated that I can't remember things as well as I used to
The Following User Says Thank You to aglobke For This Useful Post:
Slo-mo a-go-go (07-27-12)
Old 05-16-12, 12:53 AM
Forum Guru

Thanked 1,303 Times in 582 Posts
crystal8080 has much to be proud ofcrystal8080 has much to be proud ofcrystal8080 has much to be proud ofcrystal8080 has much to be proud ofcrystal8080 has much to be proud ofcrystal8080 has much to be proud ofcrystal8080 has much to be proud ofcrystal8080 has much to be proud ofcrystal8080 has much to be proud ofcrystal8080 has much to be proud of
Re: I can't remember ANYTHING

*sigh* that has been my major problem too. I felt like i was floating through life, not remembering a damn thing. It was the main reason i decided to go back to the dr and try this whole medication bit again. It sure has been the root of my marital problems. He'll start talking about something and im like 'what the hell u talking about?' doing that about 20 times a day makes it tough for both of us. Forget digging deep, its just not there. So, i don't know if its *normal*, but I can sure relate.

Down a hole, up a rope
Down some pills, up some hope
This karma machine only takes quarters
New age soldier, new age soldier - Matthew Good -Canadian Musician With Bipolar Disorder

Cyclothymia & ADHD
The Following User Says Thank You to crystal8080 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-12, 07:38 PM
Jr Member

aglobke is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystal8080 View Post
*sigh* that has been my major problem too. I felt like i was floating through life, not remembering a damn thing. It was the main reason i decided to go back to the dr and try this whole medication bit again. It sure has been the root of my marital problems. He'll start talking about something and im like 'what the hell u talking about?' doing that about 20 times a day makes it tough for both of us. Forget digging deep, its just not there. So, i don't know if its *normal*, but I can sure relate.
I can usually pay attention, but recalling specific events is always trouble for me now.
The Following User Says Thank You to aglobke For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-12, 05:40 PM

Cranski is just really niceCranski is just really niceCranski is just really niceCranski is just really nice

That is one of the reasons I choose not to take concerta when first discussing medication for ADHD. There is a small percentage of people who take the medication that experience long term memory loss. I already have a hard enough time trying to remember things.

Something you could consider, if you have insurance or some form of payed medical is to have a mri or cat scan performed, or thyroid tested. Another thing that could help is to take B12 supplement if your able.

Then the typical journal might help if your into writing. One of the best things you can do though is brain fitness. If you have a smartphone, android, or apple get one of the memory apps. Or take time to reminisce in your free time. Your brain is like your body, exercise helps to keep it in shape, or get back into shape. Even with long term brain damage, study shows the brain will form new neural pathways to improve function. There is always hope. Until then remind your husband you love him and smile and nod, men love getting to ramble off on tangents, maybe him talking enough will jog some memories back.
Old 08-07-12, 03:57 AM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,334 Posts
CheekyMonkey has much to be proud ofCheekyMonkey has much to be proud ofCheekyMonkey has much to be proud ofCheekyMonkey has much to be proud ofCheekyMonkey has much to be proud ofCheekyMonkey has much to be proud ofCheekyMonkey has much to be proud ofCheekyMonkey has much to be proud ofCheekyMonkey has much to be proud ofCheekyMonkey has much to be proud of

How are your visualization skills, in general? Like when you are reading, how much do you visualize? When someone asks you a questions, how much do you depend on visuals?

[0,0]
|)__)
---