ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > PARENTS OF CHILDREN WITH ADD/ADHD > General Parenting Issues
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

General Parenting Issues The purpose of this forum is to discuss general parenting issues related to children with AD/HD(ADD & ADHD)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-28-12, 10:25 AM
Contributor

qanda has a spectacular aura aboutqanda has a spectacular aura about
Is this adhd behavior or something else?

An acquaintance has a son (3rd grade) who has some unusual, and even alarming behaviors. She says he was just diagnosed Adhd (and I THINK she is giving meds), but I question if this is typical behavior of adhd.

This child pulled his "you know what" out of the top of his pants while we were watching a parade. My daughter had to tell his mom.
At a picnic, he put his cookie down his pants, then pulled it out and was throwing it at the kids. Then he tried to put his boogers on the kids.

The boys older sister is a really nice girl, but she has no tolerance for her younger brother. Her other brother, who is even younger, she is very nice to and very willing to play with.

Her one brother is constantly misbehaving. When this girls mom reprimanded her by saying "do not handle his behavior, but instead you come and tell me", you could see the frustration and disgust on the daughters face. She answered "Yeah, sure you will".
I have no doubt parenting this child is a huge challenge.

The parent seems unaware that her sons behavior should be a huge concern for her. She complains the school always blames her son for things and mentioned one time when a video proved he did nothing wrong. I think he must misbehave often at school based on what I see. I'm thinking, what favors are you doing your son. She thinks he will be the most successful out of all her kids. What?????? I would guess he has no friends and annoys every kids he is around.

Are these adhd behaviors? I think a proper diagnose is important to help him be successful.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qanda For This Useful Post:
beltoller (05-30-12), LynneC (05-28-12)