ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adult Diagnosis & Treatment
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adult Diagnosis & Treatment This forum is for the discussion of issues related to the diagnosis of AD/HD

Old 06-11-12, 11:32 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 2,215 Times in 931 Posts
Joker_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeJoker_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeJoker_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeJoker_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeJoker_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeJoker_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeJoker_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeJoker_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeJoker_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeJoker_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeJoker_Girl has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Happy the psych "re-confirmed" my diagnosis: FURIOUS at my Dr.'s notes on my case

Oh salleh.....

I am SO SORRY hon. That just absolutely SUCKS.

I worry about that alot. I am always afraid they will just cut mine off for some reason. When i get low, down to about 10 of them, i worry that "this will be the month"...that i am taken off them.....even though i dont take a large amount, and don't abuse them.....that suddenly, the plug will be pulled and i will be faced with living the way i used to.

I dont trust people much. After i had surgery, i began to fret when i got low on pain meds. My husband said, why dont you just call and tell them you need more? And i said, oh no....I can't. They wont believe me....they will say i am lying and not in pain...they will call me a drug seeker.....i am too scared.....YOU call and get some for YOU.....

Finally the pain was too much and i couldnt bear it anymore, so after a few days of nothing for pain besides ibuprofen, I went to the clinic. I was actually in tears from pain. Sometimes when i am in a lot of pain i will throw up, or sweat profusely. And she said, "How long has it been since you took a pain med?" and when i told her i had run out....I had gone through a bottle of them in a little over a month...I expected her to say just live with it....junkie!!! I told her i hadnt had one in a few days and i couldnt stand it anymore, the pain was enough i couldnt sleep at night....and she said....my GOD why didnt you call?????? Of COURSE you can have more pain meds....you were supposed to just CALL when you got low on them.....

Well i didnt know that! I just always expect people to not care and to not believe me. I knew i had not taken more than i was supposed to, or gotten high off them or anything. I just figured when you were out, you were out, and that was that. Suffer in silence. It makes no sense at all, as i would NEVER expect anyone else to just suffer. But i just have a way of thinking that dont make sense sometimes.

I feel your pain hon....I hope you can get in ASAP!!!!! With your prior records SURELY a GP would write you a script....why are they fighting you when this is the dose you have BEEN on?

The Drifters Game:http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141997

Last edited by Joker_Girl; 06-11-12 at 11:51 PM..
Old 06-11-12, 11:54 PM
Contributor

tortilaman is just really nicetortilaman is just really nicetortilaman is just really nicetortilaman is just really nice
Re: Happy the psych "re-confirmed" my diagnosis: FURIOUS at my Dr.'s notes on my case

Oh salleh, if you go to the CHADD meeting tomorrow, I think the organizer knows some people that do inexpensive medication prescription. I can give you her email, or the meeting is tomorrow at the temescal library at 6.
The Following User Says Thank You to tortilaman For This Useful Post:
salleh (06-12-12)
Old 06-12-12, 12:22 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 7,532 Times in 3,011 Posts
salleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond repute

cool, where the Tememscal library ? .....I know it's gonna be close, I was just up in that neighborhood getting myself a consoling vanilla shke with shipped cream and a cherry on top !

and Joker girl .....do you know they have done studies on pain medication ....when you don't hurt you heal faster ! ....literally .....never do that again ...get the pain meds .....

...yah this sucks the big one no question about it .....I'll be there ....

........If you make it to age 50 without growing up, you don't have to ......

.....After all, the business of life is the acquisition of memories....in the end, that's all we have .....Words of wisdom by the Downton Abbeys' butler
Sponsored Links
Old 06-12-12, 11:49 AM
ADDvanced Contributor

T-Rex65 is a name known to allT-Rex65 is a name known to allT-Rex65 is a name known to allT-Rex65 is a name known to allT-Rex65 is a name known to allT-Rex65 is a name known to all

Maybe your GP was off his meds that day? :-)
Old 06-12-12, 12:10 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

T-Rex65 is a name known to allT-Rex65 is a name known to allT-Rex65 is a name known to allT-Rex65 is a name known to allT-Rex65 is a name known to allT-Rex65 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunkysmum View Post
Must there be an official appointment to get a prescription filled, when it's a psychiatrist, then? I know that with the GP's prescribing, it was just a matter of letting them know it was time for my refill and having them write it, sign it, and leave it with the receptionist for me to pick up at the desk. I assumed when the psych said I could get my prescriptions from him if I needed, it would be the same drill. Maybe not though? I guess I'd have to check.
My psych will leave refill scripts with his receptionist for me, unless it's been a few months since I've seen him. I think his receptionist probably has guidelines for that, because she will usually ask how long it's been since I've had an appointment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunkysmum View Post
YES. I do not have experience with the protocol with psychiatrists, whether it's normal practice for them to share notes from other doctors directly with the patient. It seemed significant to me as well though I was trying not to read too much into it in case I was wrong. I was halfway wondering if it was the psych's indirect way of suggesting that I consider looking for another primary care physician. Of course professional courtesy would prohibit him from openly saying, "Look, this guy's an obvious tool, he doesn't have your best interests at heart, and this isn't a good fit" about a colleague who works in the same system he does and even out of the same building sometimes. Showing me those notes was a pretty effective way of getting me to come to that conclusion myself.
I believe your guess is correct. This was your psych's way of warning you without getting into the sticky politics of badmouthing another health professional. Also, you are entitled to the contents of your health records under HIPAA. So even if your psych doctor hadn't offered to share that information, you are still allowed under the law to see it. Here is more information about that, if you are curious.

http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/privacy/hipaa...ers/index.html