ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > New Member Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-12, 10:31 AM

funcoaster is on a distinguished road
Hello, unrelenting fireball here

Greetings,
I'm soon to be 26 (I behave like a teen!) and I recently got diagnosed with adult ADHD and SAD and queued to undergo further tests and experimentation with meds.

Other than that, I believe I fit the bill for ADHD... I've always been different and was never able to resonate well with others.
I have SAD because of PTSD (mom criticized/snapped at me lifelong for being "slow" and for not being "normal" like the other kids), zany/rude impulsiveness, and from overthinking/analyzing too much.

Not sure if this is ADHD related, but I find myself addicted to being unruly in a megalomaniac kind of sense... I get highs off this stuff. My sense of humor is twisted too... I'm guessing this stemmed from my PTSD, as I'm also suffering from codependency due to having grown up in a dysfunctional family.

I recently broke off a 6 year relationship because I got bored, though it was in a sense for me, a long time coming.
Not sure if it's because of ADHD or codependency or both, but I find myself needing a stimulating person as my ideal partner.

Looking forward to where this ADHD wave will take me, life isn't boring that's for sure. 'Sup ADHDers.
Old 06-20-12, 12:41 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 12,146 Times in 7,190 Posts
BR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Hello, unrelenting fireball here

Welcome to the forums

"no talk
no, talk
Punctuation is important"
~Abi