ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > New Member Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-12, 09:56 AM

LucasNL is on a distinguished road
ADD'er from the Netherlands

Hi. I recently discovered this forum when I stumbled upon it by accident through a google search for something ADD-related. With the lack of clear and informative Dutch literature on ADHD and ADD in particular, I've resorted to English literature quite some time ago, and this place definately seems to be one of the best (what's better than getting the info and experiences first-hand from those who have to deal with it on a daily basis?). Because the whole European continent still laggs terrribly behind regarding ADHD/ADD, I've found that US sources are generally much more informative and accurate, which is another reason this forum seems like it's probaply a very good source of info on ADHD/ADD, considering most here are from the US.

A bit more about me. I'm 22 and have been diagnosed with ADD 6 years ago, first receiving generic Methylphenidate for 9 months but switching to Dex IR because of all the side-effects I got without any real benefits. Dex IR certainly was an improvement, though it still wasn't perfect and I've been trying different options and regiments ever since, in the hope of attaining better results. Just a week ago, my doc told me Dex XR has recently become available and so he suggested to replace my Dex IR with Dex XR, which I'll probaply have to give some time before I can give my opinion on it. Hopefully it will be working a bit better than Dex IR, the reduced fluctuations in serum concentrations makes me think it will, but I'll report back on that in due time Thanks.
Old 06-20-12, 04:15 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 12,146 Times in 7,190 Posts
BR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ADD'er from the Netherlands

Welcome to the forum!

"no talk
no, talk
Punctuation is important"
~Abi
Old 06-20-12, 04:36 PM
Moderator of mind and heart

Thanked 21,251 Times in 8,589 Posts
sarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ADD'er from the Netherlands

Welcome home my fellow Dutchman.