ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > New Member Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 06-19-12, 08:16 AM

alisno1fan is a jewel in the roughalisno1fan is a jewel in the roughalisno1fan is a jewel in the rough
ADHD Combined kid to ADHD combined woman.

Hi
I'm a 23 yo girl who was first diagnosed with Combined ADHD when I was about 9 years old (to my parents relief). I was first put on dexamphetamine but it wasn't strong enough to control my hyperactivity and othe symptoms. So I have been on Ritalin since then until now. I have not had a very good experience with my ADHD and thus have a very low self esteem and no confidence. My ADHD is hereditary from my father and my brothers and sisters have it too (some are adopted). Around my family it's not so hard to deal with, as my mother is reassuring and knows so much about it, and my siblings are a lil crazy too lol. But living a long way away from my family for the last 6 years has really started to get to me. I feel VERY alone and like a freak. It's worse because of the degree i decided to study which is filled with people the exact opposite of ADHD in every way. And the pressure of professional standards and role is really hard for me.
I just thought maybe there are some other ppl out there who may be feeling the same way.
The Following User Says Thank You to alisno1fan For This Useful Post:
bumblebe (06-20-12)
Old 06-20-12, 11:03 AM

alisno1fan is a jewel in the roughalisno1fan is a jewel in the roughalisno1fan is a jewel in the rough
Re: ADHD Combined kid to ADHD combined woman.

hello?
Old 06-20-12, 04:38 PM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 28,922 Times in 13,087 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome,

I carried a watermelon?

I've always been one of a kind. It just hasnt always been positive.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-12, 04:46 PM
Contributor

bumblebe is a glorious beacon of lightbumblebe is a glorious beacon of lightbumblebe is a glorious beacon of lightbumblebe is a glorious beacon of lightbumblebe is a glorious beacon of lightbumblebe is a glorious beacon of light

I dont really know what to say except for hang in there, I hope the best for you. Just hold on to what your mother has tought you, sounds like she was a great support.
Old 06-20-12, 06:47 PM

funcoaster is on a distinguished road

Hi alisno1fan, I also have issues with anxiety and PTSD with my ADHD.
I resonate with the freakishness, my sense of humor is whack yet I relish in it.
Hang in there, you can do it.
The Following User Says Thank You to funcoaster For This Useful Post:
alisno1fan (06-21-12)
Old 06-20-12, 07:33 PM

Thanks Sarah sweets n bumblbe I really appreciate your replies. I joined this forum so I can meet other ppl with adult ADHD. So maybe I can feel normal and understood even if it's only for a few minutes of my day.