ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > Men with ADD/ADHD
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Men with ADD/ADHD This forum is for men to discuss issues related to being a man with AD/HD.

Old 07-28-12, 01:13 PM

asdfdoc is on a distinguished road
Sex Fatigue and ADHD

Hi 27 male.

I was recently diagnosed with ADHD. I know this is uncommon. I get super easily tired after sex. I'd rather climb mountains or work out for 2-3 hours straight then feel what I have to feel after 10 minute sex. This effect also happens even if I am not the one rigorously moving. Orgasm is great but the after effect of sex kills me. For me since I was in middle school, sex has been the most tiring exercise in any circumstances. If I pulled an all nighter, the next day fatigue would still be better than having sex. If I have sex in the morning, I cannot function or focus all day, I become a zombie.

I found a wonder drug, adderall. It does wonders, it completely gets rid of my fatigue after sex. However, the day after sex on adderall after I go to sleep for 7-8 hours, I wake up with this really bad migraine. This doesn't go away usually until the next day. It ONLY goes away if I re-dose myself with adderall in the morning. This is so annoying and has become a big problem. I don't have this problem with adderall when I don't have sex.

Does anyone else feel this? This sex fatigue has been haunting me for about 10 years and I thought I finally found a solution, but the side effect of medication is way too big for me to handle. People tell me to have less sex! NO, I refuse to have less sex.... hahaha
Old 07-28-12, 03:28 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 16,260 Times in 7,339 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sex Fatigue and ADHD

Are you sure its truly not a male thing. A lot of men want to sleep forever after sex.

AND **bleep off**

I carried a watermelon?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
anonymouslyadd (07-29-12), PookDo (07-28-12)
Old 07-28-12, 04:08 PM
Contributor

jiffyPOP is a jewel in the roughjiffyPOP is a jewel in the roughjiffyPOP is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfdoc View Post
Hi 27 male.

I was recently diagnosed with ADHD. I know this is uncommon. I get super easily tired after sex. I'd rather climb mountains or work out for 2-3 hours straight then feel what I have to feel after 10 minute sex. This effect also happens even if I am not the one rigorously moving. Orgasm is great but the after effect of sex kills me. For me since I was in middle school, sex has been the most tiring exercise in any circumstances. If I pulled an all nighter, the next day fatigue would still be better than having sex. If I have sex in the morning, I cannot function or focus all day, I become a zombie.

I found a wonder drug, adderall. It does wonders, it completely gets rid of my fatigue after sex. However, the day after sex on adderall after I go to sleep for 7-8 hours, I wake up with this really bad migraine. This doesn't go away usually until the next day. It ONLY goes away if I re-dose myself with adderall in the morning. This is so annoying and has become a big problem. I don't have this problem with adderall when I don't have sex.

Does anyone else feel this? This sex fatigue has been haunting me for about 10 years and I thought I finally found a solution, but the side effect of medication is way too big for me to handle. People tell me to have less sex! NO, I refuse to have less sex.... hahaha
You should research male orgasm hangover. Google this exact term "Men: Does Frequent Ejaculation Cause A Hangover?" and read either the psychology today article or the Reuniting website. This is more common than you would think. As for the Adderall and migraines, I am not surprised this happens but have no advice to give. the brain is a complex organ and chemically know to drastically change after orgasm for a 7 day period (or longer).

Good luck

[[[[[+++++------Dx ADD-PI------+++++]]]]]
[[[[[+++++------------Dyslexia------------+++++]]]]]
[[[[[Dextroamphetamine ER - Corepharma spansules 10mg x 2]]]]]
Sponsored Links
Old 07-28-12, 08:52 PM

Thanked 1,371 Times in 902 Posts
avjgirsijdhtjhs has a reputation beyond reputeavjgirsijdhtjhs has a reputation beyond reputeavjgirsijdhtjhs has a reputation beyond reputeavjgirsijdhtjhs has a reputation beyond reputeavjgirsijdhtjhs has a reputation beyond reputeavjgirsijdhtjhs has a reputation beyond reputeavjgirsijdhtjhs has a reputation beyond reputeavjgirsijdhtjhs has a reputation beyond reputeavjgirsijdhtjhs has a reputation beyond reputeavjgirsijdhtjhs has a reputation beyond reputeavjgirsijdhtjhs has a reputation beyond repute
How 'bout I cum in your ear so you can hear where I'm cummin' from?

stuff

Surprisingly, after orgasm from sexual intercourse, the increase in blood prolactin levels is 400 per cent higher in both sexes compared with after orgasm from masturbation

The amount of prolactin can be an indicator for the amount of sexual satisfaction and relaxation.

No clue on the migraine stuff.

Last edited by avjgirsijdhtjhs; 07-28-12 at 09:05 PM..
Old 07-29-12, 06:26 AM
Forum Guru

purpleToes has much to be proud ofpurpleToes has much to be proud ofpurpleToes has much to be proud ofpurpleToes has much to be proud ofpurpleToes has much to be proud ofpurpleToes has much to be proud ofpurpleToes has much to be proud ofpurpleToes has much to be proud ofpurpleToes has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfdoc View Post
Hi 27 male.

I saw a program on TV about something like this...the man had it worse I think and felt like he had the flu for a few days after ejaculation. It was called POIS.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postorg...lness_syndrome

Seems like researchers are working on an autoimmune theory and a neuroendocrine theory.
The Following User Says Thank You to purpleToes For This Useful Post:
avjgirsijdhtjhs (07-29-12)
Old 07-29-12, 07:04 AM
Forum Guru

purpleToes has much to be proud ofpurpleToes has much to be proud ofpurpleToes has much to be proud ofpurpleToes has much to be proud ofpurpleToes has much to be proud ofpurpleToes has much to be proud ofpurpleToes has much to be proud ofpurpleToes has much to be proud ofpurpleToes has much to be proud of

I was going to tell you which episode of what series it was, but that example was pretty extreme and I think you'll get a more balanced introduction just researching POIS. I'm not supposed to link to other forums here, but I saw a couple of support forums that looked like they had a lot of currently active discussions. You should be able to find them easily. One was at The Naked Scientists and the other was at POISCenter.com.

Hope this helps.
Old 07-29-12, 09:13 PM

Thanked 9,629 Times in 5,260 Posts
Rebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond repute

Hey better some sex then no sex.
Old 07-31-12, 03:38 PM

Thanked 1,825 Times in 1,052 Posts
TheChemicals has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
Are you sure its truly not a male thing. A lot of men want to sleep forever after sex.
not me