ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Careers/Job Impact
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Careers/Job Impact This forum is for adults to discuss how AD/HD affects work and career.

Old 11-24-12, 01:54 AM

Sazzums is on a distinguished road
Re: Laid Off? Fired? Check This Out!

Sazz was fired this week. Got told I just don't have enough focus, and have trouble staying on task.
How does this reasoning not surprise me?
Old 11-24-12, 02:20 AM
ADDvanced Member

minuss will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazzums View Post
Sazz was fired this week. Got told I just don't have enough focus, and have trouble staying on task.
How does this reasoning not surprise me?
It probably wasn't you that had the problem, it was the guy that sits next to you.
I often get mixed up for unreliable people too ??

Hope you are in too much of a pickle.
Old 01-26-13, 05:02 PM
Forum ADDvocate

MellyFishButt is a glorious beacon of lightMellyFishButt is a glorious beacon of lightMellyFishButt is a glorious beacon of lightMellyFishButt is a glorious beacon of lightMellyFishButt is a glorious beacon of lightMellyFishButt is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddjobace View Post
It feels pretty personal to me.

I guess this is why I alway get the short end in business, I need to be more like that, huh!
I have been a 'corporate drone' my entire career (15 years in operations) and I used to try to fit the mold and then finally decided '***** it', I am just going to be me. Being ADHD has made me more compassionate, which is what I think is severely missing in the corporate setting. I think this is why I am able to keep my staff long-term even though they make sh*t (I honestly can't control this, it's corporate calculated) and for the most part have one of the most successful sites in my region. I think the PERSONAL should come back to business. If we understood why our staff weren't being productive in the first place, and made systems that worked with these reasons, it would make the production more sustainable, and the company more profitable. Now, business burns people out then replaces them with someone who has something to prove, they burn out, and the cycle continues.

*going back to work now...haha*
Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-13, 05:04 PM
Forum ADDvocate

MellyFishButt is a glorious beacon of lightMellyFishButt is a glorious beacon of lightMellyFishButt is a glorious beacon of lightMellyFishButt is a glorious beacon of lightMellyFishButt is a glorious beacon of lightMellyFishButt is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by minuss View Post
It probably wasn't you that had the problem, it was the guy that sits next to you.
I often get mixed up for unreliable people too ??

Hope you are in too much of a pickle.
Did anybody ASK why you couldn't focus?? Did anybody offer to shift your workload to something more aligned with your skills and interests? Ugh, leaders can be so dense.
Old 01-26-13, 05:23 PM
Forum Guru

starry is a jewel in the roughstarry is a jewel in the roughstarry is a jewel in the rough

Thank you for this very informative link!