ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > Forums Help, Q&A
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-13, 10:08 PM
Forum Guru

starry is a jewel in the roughstarry is a jewel in the roughstarry is a jewel in the rough
Re: For Newbies

Quote:
Originally Posted by MellyFishButt View Post
I sometimes feel like I over thank. Possible?
Never too much when it comes to thanking and giving positive reps

Just look at my numbers. I thank people all the time and look at how many thank you's I have gotten. (Given thanks: 1017, Received thanks: 275)

Lately I stopped thanking people who have a higher number in thanks' they've gotten compared to the number of the thanks' they're given. It's really not that hard to press a button and show ones' appreciation.

Some people don't bother to thank you even after you've taken the time to respond to their inquiry/post. I know we're all ADD here, but it's still nice to get a "thanks" when it's due, even if we can't do it every single time and keep track of ALL of our posts and responses at all times.

Last edited by starry; 02-13-13 at 10:19 PM..
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to starry For This Useful Post:
dogluver358 (02-19-13), fperkins33 (04-12-13), Fuzzy12 (02-19-13), Mr Digital 01 (02-14-13)
Old 02-13-13, 10:17 PM
Forum ADDvocate

MellyFishButt is a glorious beacon of lightMellyFishButt is a glorious beacon of lightMellyFishButt is a glorious beacon of lightMellyFishButt is a glorious beacon of lightMellyFishButt is a glorious beacon of lightMellyFishButt is a glorious beacon of light

Totes. I feel awful if I don't acknowledge that's someone took the time to respond.

...DX: ADHD-C, GAD, Major Depression, PD
...RX: Adderall XR, Lexapro, Valium, Vit D, Fish Oil, MultiVit, Vit B
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MellyFishButt For This Useful Post:
dogluver358 (02-19-13), Fuzzy12 (02-19-13), starry (02-13-13)
Old 02-14-13, 12:43 AM
Contributor

Mr Digital 01 is a glorious beacon of lightMr Digital 01 is a glorious beacon of lightMr Digital 01 is a glorious beacon of lightMr Digital 01 is a glorious beacon of lightMr Digital 01 is a glorious beacon of lightMr Digital 01 is a glorious beacon of light

I am a really big Thanker (rhymes with? ... is that rude? ). I do it for different reasons:

It's a quick way to say thanks for some great information, ideas, insight, perspective or contribution.
Sometimes because they made me smile or laugh, othertimes to just acknowlege a member that doesn't seem to get engaged with much... so, sue me!

What I do need to do more is the ratings thingy. I haven't done that yet because I imagine it might be complicated but I will try to do it more.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr Digital 01 For This Useful Post:
dogluver358 (02-19-13)
Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-13, 09:13 AM
Forum Guru

dogluver358 is a splendid one to beholddogluver358 is a splendid one to beholddogluver358 is a splendid one to beholddogluver358 is a splendid one to beholddogluver358 is a splendid one to beholddogluver358 is a splendid one to beholddogluver358 is a splendid one to behold

How do you do reputation points? Is there something to click on for that? Is it a reputation points "post" thing or does it do it just once for the member? *confused*

I sometimes hit the thanks button twice on accident and it "unthanks" a person. I have a problem with double clicking. Then I have to click it again. I think "thanks" are a good thing. Sometimes a person just needs to know they're post was helpful or insightful or just downright funny!
Old 02-19-13, 10:22 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 27,354 Times in 12,692 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogluver358 View Post
How do you do reputation points? Is there something to click on for that? Is it a reputation points "post" thing or does it do it just once for the member? *confused*

I sometimes hit the thanks button twice on accident and it "unthanks" a person. I have a problem with double clicking. Then I have to click it again. I think "thanks" are a good thing. Sometimes a person just needs to know they're post was helpful or insightful or just downright funny!
Doggie, just click on the scale icon in the top right corner of a post. A dialogue box pops up that asks if you approve (positive rep) or disapprove (negative rep) of the post.

I think, you can't "rep" a member several times in a row, without repping anyone else between. There also seems to be a limit on the number of times you can give rep points in 24h.

Thanks Diz, for this thread. It does make a difference, I think. I use the thanks button for all kinds of things:

1. To say thanks either for a very insightful, interesting, helpful or supportive post or one I can really relate to and agree with
2. In my own threads (or replies to my post in other's threads), to thank everyone that has made the effort to read my post and to reply.
3. To acknowledge that I've read a post
4. Random ....