ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > New Member Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-13, 07:45 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 21,912 Times in 7,988 Posts
ginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond repute
Re: I Love Him, But I Can't Do This

Quote:
Originally Posted by salleh View Post
oh my ......welcome to the forums .....as you might have surmised, this group can get passionate about ADD, and on many levels ......

Dang it Salleh! Awesome post! And I already repped you so now I have to 'spread it around"
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ginniebean For This Useful Post:
salleh (05-03-13), Twiggy (05-04-13)
Old 05-04-13, 11:28 AM
Nondescript Moderator

Thanked 6,571 Times in 2,694 Posts
APSJ has a reputation beyond reputeAPSJ has a reputation beyond reputeAPSJ has a reputation beyond reputeAPSJ has a reputation beyond reputeAPSJ has a reputation beyond reputeAPSJ has a reputation beyond reputeAPSJ has a reputation beyond reputeAPSJ has a reputation beyond reputeAPSJ has a reputation beyond reputeAPSJ has a reputation beyond reputeAPSJ has a reputation beyond repute

Moderator Note:

Please remember that, while it's okay to disagree, we do ask that posts be kept supportive, constructive, and responsive to the original post.
Old 05-08-13, 02:22 PM
ADDvanced Member

ValliGirl2012 is a glorious beacon of lightValliGirl2012 is a glorious beacon of lightValliGirl2012 is a glorious beacon of lightValliGirl2012 is a glorious beacon of lightValliGirl2012 is a glorious beacon of light

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-13, 04:43 PM
Jr Member

FerretLover is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiggy View Post
I was finally diagnosed with ADHD at age 7 and my parents were very strictly against medication until I was in the principals office 90% of the time every week at school.
Thank goodness this option was available when you were young, when I started school, not only did I have to deal with ADD, but a principal and teachers who had no training in dealing with kids with ADD/ADHD. Plus they had problems dealing with who I was and what family members had done in the past.
Their treatment of me caused me to have very low self esteem, abandonment issues, uncontrollable fear, self loathing, etc.

So to Sarah, love your son, but please don't take everything that teachers and school folks say to heart.
Get your son the necessary treatment, try him on medication if necessary, and see how it goes. Try to get him into special ed where the teachers are properly trained to help children like your son.
My daughter wasn't diagnosed with ADHD until she was in the fourth grade, we had so many problems with her teachers it wasn't funny. Have an honest and heartfelt talk with your son's teacher, principal and school physiologist, work on a plan to positively help your son.
I wish you the best of luck, never be discouraged.
CA Native for 61 years