ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > Forums Help, Q&A
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 06-23-13, 09:40 AM

Superwoman is a jewel in the roughSuperwoman is a jewel in the roughSuperwoman is a jewel in the rough
A really stupid question...

But is this forum truly anonymous? What I mean is...if someone googles my name will my posts come up? Or anything else a mildly techno challenged person should know?
I realize this q is a bit ridiculous but just checking before I post my sordid life online lol. Superwoman to idiot in 2 seconds flat..
Old 06-23-13, 10:01 AM
Yeti-Wrangling Moderator

Thanked 18,119 Times in 8,902 Posts
namazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: A really stupid question...

Not a stupid question at all!

Posts are indexed by search engines, but they're not associated with your real name or e-mail address. (This is the main reason why ADDF prohibits the use of real names as usernames and doesn't allow people to post e-mail addresses publicly.)

If someone searches for "Superwoman", your posts would come up, in theory, but they'd be buried by a zillion unrelated search results.

Searching on your real name should not bring up your posts -- and if you're concerned, experiment by typing

Yourfirstname Yourlastname site:addforums.com

into Google -- that will restrict the search to this site. If anything does come up -- it shouldn't -- please let a moderator know ASAP!

If you're concerned about privacy (and this is a general collective "you", for members), also be careful about sharing personal details -- names of doctors, schools, children, small towns, etc. -- that could uniquely identify you. The chances are slim that this would happen, but since stuff on the internet sticks around and is visible to the whole world, a modicum of caution can go a long way.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to namazu For This Useful Post:
Andrew (06-24-13), Raye (08-09-13)