ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > Forums Help, Q&A
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-13, 12:49 PM

Gargoyle is on a distinguished road
Question how to use

Hi Folks, I am new to this forum and I cannot see a way to add a post, unless of course I'm doing it now, I don't know. Any tips please.?
Old 10-15-13, 01:43 PM
Mr. BllVt

Thanked 17,954 Times in 9,009 Posts
dvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond repute
Re: how to use

Yes, that was it.

When you want to make a new "thread", that is you want to start a new discussion on your choice of topic, then

- first you make sure you're signed in with your user-name and password,

- then do as many mouse-clicks as it takes to get to the right category (for example, if your topic is "I'm having mysterious side-effects from my medication" then you'd want to post it in the Medication section, but it your topic was "Hello to all the ADHDers in Lancashire!" you'd need to put that in the Chit-chat section),

- and then click the "New Thread" button which is on the left side of the page near the top.

When you want to participate in a topic that's already going on, by adding your own comment to it, then you have a choice: you can click the "Post Reply" button, or if you'd like to quote part of another person's message and respond to it specifically, you click the "Quote" button that appears directly below that person's comment. Plus, for convenience, at the very bottom of each topic is a box you can type in; if you don't need all the features offered by the usual functions of the discussion-board software, you can simply type in there, hit "Post Quick Reply", and your comment will be added to the thread with a minimum of fuss. (That only works for replying; when creating your own topic there is no such little box.)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dvdnvwls For This Useful Post:
Andrew (10-15-13), namazu (10-15-13)