ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > New Member Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-13, 10:26 PM

ADHD_RAIN_MAN is on a distinguished road
Hi, Ross from San Diego

Hi,

Welcome to all. I'm very excited to find a forum devoted specifically to the topic of ADHD (or ADD if you prefer).

I guess that my perspective is that in many ways my ADHD is a gift. It allows me to do things that I have rarely encountered other people being able to do.

On the other hand, If I could only control my impulsivity and my inattention when it counts, I could rule the world.

But seriously, very glad to have found all you nice folks. And, I'm looking forward to getting to know you all better over time.

Right now, after a very long, long, vacation, I'm back on the medications trying to get some assistance so that I don't appear as gifted person one minute and a total air-head the next.

I just got a pyschiatrist who specializes in ADHD for adults (of course, they all say that, don't they) and he currently has me experimenting with vyvanse (only 10mg to start and boy is it expensive as it's not on my insurance's formularly) as well as KapVay. Way too new to know how, if at all they are working, but would love to hear from others on similar regimens.

Thanks Again,

Ross

I think faster, read faster and move faster than the rest of those "slowbies".

The Following User Says Thank You to ADHD_RAIN_MAN For This Useful Post:
Antares (11-21-13)
Old 11-22-13, 10:35 AM
mod-estly regulated

Thanked 5,446 Times in 2,991 Posts
someothertime has a reputation beyond reputesomeothertime has a reputation beyond reputesomeothertime has a reputation beyond reputesomeothertime has a reputation beyond reputesomeothertime has a reputation beyond reputesomeothertime has a reputation beyond reputesomeothertime has a reputation beyond reputesomeothertime has a reputation beyond reputesomeothertime has a reputation beyond reputesomeothertime has a reputation beyond reputesomeothertime has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Hi, Ross from San Diego

Welcome! I think my grandma sat next to your grandma near the fiya!
~ SB_UK ~