ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > New Member Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 11-22-13, 05:28 PM

DmitriK is on a distinguished road
Smile Hello from the Little Apple

Hey, folks. I just found this forum a few minutes ago, and decided to join.

I'm 22 years old and got diagnosed with ADD last August. In retrospect, I can see that a lot the problems I've had with school and my mental health were caused by ADD. It took me a while to even suspect I had it. In high school, I had West Nile and Grave's Disease, ended up missing a lot of school, and barely graduated even though I had one of the best ACT scores in my class. I thought for a long time my problems were purely emotional and stemmed from all of that, but I was wrong.

When I got to college, my grades immediately began slipping. I knew I had to turn things around and really try studying hard, etc. I did try, but I couldn't seem to do it. That led to guilt about not being able to do to keep up.

Two years later:

I've flunked out of college twice which caused some suicidal depression and a lot of drug use (I was given a lot of painkillers when I was sick in high school, so I was doing a lot of morphine/Vicodin/Percocet, binging on Xanax, and drinking heavily in combination.)

A little over a year ago, I ate a large dose of psilocybin mushrooms which gave me a lot of insight into myself and all the self-harm I was engaging in and steadily kicked all of the drugs. I still drink, but only twice a month.

When I sell my cattle in the next couple of months, I'll have enough money to get back into school. I started out taking 20mg of Adderall XR/day and had it raised about a month ago to 20mg Adderall XR 2x/day, but the help it gives me is already tapering off. I'm getting a gym membership tomorrow and I'm going to see a dietitian now that my insurance situation is worked out, but I'm trying to get all the help I can, hence my joining. I can't handle ******* up again.

I know this is a little discombobulated, so all apologies for that.
Old 11-23-13, 08:45 AM
Well Modulated Moderator

Thanked 2,357 Times in 1,173 Posts
amberwillow has a brilliant futureamberwillow has a brilliant futureamberwillow has a brilliant futureamberwillow has a brilliant futureamberwillow has a brilliant futureamberwillow has a brilliant futureamberwillow has a brilliant futureamberwillow has a brilliant futureamberwillow has a brilliant futureamberwillow has a brilliant futureamberwillow has a brilliant future
Re: Hello from the Little Apple

Welcome to the forum.
Old 11-23-13, 09:07 AM
mod-estly regulated

Thanked 5,446 Times in 2,991 Posts
someothertime has a reputation beyond reputesomeothertime has a reputation beyond reputesomeothertime has a reputation beyond reputesomeothertime has a reputation beyond reputesomeothertime has a reputation beyond reputesomeothertime has a reputation beyond reputesomeothertime has a reputation beyond reputesomeothertime has a reputation beyond reputesomeothertime has a reputation beyond reputesomeothertime has a reputation beyond reputesomeothertime has a reputation beyond repute

Hey man! Dicombobulated suits me fine Welcome
~ SB_UK ~
Sponsored Links
Old 11-23-13, 09:40 AM
Mrs dvdnvwls

Thanked 18,899 Times in 9,304 Posts
BellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome!!!
Old 11-23-13, 08:24 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

Diony is a jewel in the roughDiony is a jewel in the roughDiony is a jewel in the rough

Hi there! Im new too! Welcome!