ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > Forums Help, Q&A
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-14, 04:25 PM
Jr Member

RMG046 is on a distinguished road
Re: Why are there so many lurkers?

When I wrote this post I was very much a newbie and desperate for answers. The fact that 102 people would view a post and only 4 would respond was upsetting. I understand better now why people (all 98 of them remaining) wouldn't post.
And I am sorry for just now posting a response. I had no idea how to find a past thread and see there had been posts until recently. I missed this one all together. Thanks for the feedback and other points of view.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RMG046 For This Useful Post:
Ms. Mango (08-10-14), namazu (08-10-14), peripatetic (08-10-14), vpilar (08-11-14)
Old 08-10-14, 04:58 PM

Thanked 32,245 Times in 14,566 Posts
peripatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond repute

one thing that i don't think was already mentioned, apologies if it was, is that "views" aren't necessarily all different people, but they are the times someone has looked. so, conceivably, 102 views could be ten views by five people, two by twenty, etc. if that makes sense. also, only members looking count as a "view". so you might have twenty guests, who cannot post, and two members, who can, viewing a thread and only the two member views will count in the total number of times the thread has been viewed.

hope that helps and best to you
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peripatetic For This Useful Post:
Ms. Mango (08-10-14), namazu (08-10-14)
Old 08-11-14, 08:24 AM
Suspended Account

Pentax is a glorious beacon of lightPentax is a glorious beacon of lightPentax is a glorious beacon of lightPentax is a glorious beacon of lightPentax is a glorious beacon of light

It's interesting to see which sub forums get the highest numbers of visitors in read-only.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-14, 10:59 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

fletcherface is just really nicefletcherface is just really nicefletcherface is just really nicefletcherface is just really nice

lol The subforum with the most viewers on is what got me here to begin with, and I'm glad that it did. I've been in and out...I might as well have the title ADDvanced Lurker. =P
namazu (08-13-14)
Old 08-15-14, 10:29 PM

petester is on a distinguished road

Because they are trying to figure us out . Im sorry ..I brought them with me...sorry man .....shun them like shun us.....if youll notice do the math ....please don't kick me outa here I just want to belong somewhere.