ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > Forums Help, Q&A
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 10-30-14, 11:10 AM
ADDvanced Member

sushigirl is a name known to allsushigirl is a name known to allsushigirl is a name known to allsushigirl is a name known to allsushigirl is a name known to allsushigirl is a name known to all
Re: Where Were You When The Lights Went Out?

I was going a little crazy also. I'm still new here and I don't have the bond you all have together, but I stilled miss the forum like crazy! At one point, i tried to log in a dozen a time in one morning
BellaVita (10-30-14), BrainFreeze (10-30-14), Flory (10-30-14), Little Missy (10-30-14), Lunacie (10-30-14), Maurice (10-30-14), midnightstar (11-11-14), stef (10-30-14)
Old 10-30-14, 12:11 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 2,386 Times in 1,325 Posts
TheChemicals has disabled reputation

I thought the forums were taken down permanently, so i started making my own site.... it was going to be called adurpdurp.com
BellaVita (10-30-14), BrainFreeze (10-30-14), Maurice (10-30-14), michaelaisabell (11-15-14), midnightstar (11-11-14)
Old 10-30-14, 08:20 PM

Thanked 10,522 Times in 5,692 Posts
Rebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond repute

I was Driving all Dixie down and.the.bells.were ringing lalalalalala
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rebelyell For This Useful Post:
BellaVita (10-30-14), Little Missy (10-30-14), Lunacie (10-30-14), midnightstar (11-11-14)
Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-14, 08:23 PM
Zen moderator

Thanked 26,205 Times in 12,812 Posts
stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebelyell View Post
I was Driving all Dixie down and.the.bells.were ringing lalalalalala
is that from a song? something about the day the music died???
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stef For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (10-30-14), midnightstar (11-11-14)
Old 10-30-14, 08:27 PM

Thanked 19,601 Times in 10,430 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stef View Post
is that from a song? something about the day the music died???
No, that was Bye, Bye Miss American Pie. Rebs was singing The Night They Drove Ole Dixie Down.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
amberwillow (11-12-14), Flory (10-30-14), Maurice (10-30-14), midnightstar (11-11-14), Rebelyell (10-30-14), stef (10-30-14)
Old 10-30-14, 08:30 PM

Thanked 10,522 Times in 5,692 Posts
Rebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah I know how to play that on my guitar one of the 1st songs.i.learned when I took lessons as a teen, I played classic and.folk.guitar and.branched out.to rock, actually I taught myself most of the.rock thru improvising.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rebelyell For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (10-30-14), Maurice (10-30-14), midnightstar (11-11-14), stef (10-30-14)
Old 10-30-14, 10:44 PM

Thanked 10,565 Times in 5,204 Posts
daveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdnvwls View Post
It seems that unless you've decided to volunteer to host the site and pay for its continued operation, and also convinced the current owner to let you do that, then allowing Magic to handle the outages is indeed your only option.
i figured this site as a cash cow, with the advertising

couple million a day easy with all us forum junkies
Maurice (10-30-14), midnightstar (11-11-14), namazu (10-31-14)
Old 10-30-14, 11:02 PM
Forum Guru

Maurice is a splendid one to beholdMaurice is a splendid one to beholdMaurice is a splendid one to beholdMaurice is a splendid one to beholdMaurice is a splendid one to beholdMaurice is a splendid one to beholdMaurice is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdnvwls View Post
It seems that unless you've decided to volunteer to host the site and pay for its continued operation, and also convinced the current owner to let you do that, then allowing Magic to handle the outages is indeed your only option.
Hey!! I am a firm believer in magic. I have even dabbled in magic, it's fantastic!

One point I don't think you've examined is it is not all that expensive, IF someone really wanted to do it. As it can be done on the cheap:

Domain name, godaddy.com $9.00 a year.

$5.00-$6.00 a month sharehosting for starters.

$85.00/&160.00 lifetime vBulletin.

You really don't have to be a billionaire like some people act like. Your costs would be totally offset b advertising,btw=big time profits.

Just saying...........

Last edited by Maurice; 10-30-14 at 11:06 PM.. Reason: spelling
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maurice For This Useful Post:
BrainFreeze (10-31-14), midnightstar (11-11-14)
Old 11-11-14, 07:13 PM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 20,434 Times in 11,958 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

I thought I'd got kicked out when the site went down O_O I've definitely no intention of getting kicked out though

I remember I freaked out to sarek because I was convinced the site was taken down just so I'd stop coming here stupid brain of mine
Ebony (1st January 2014 - current)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm
Hope you all have a beautiful day
"Keep your dreams alive, dreaming is still how the strong survive" Oliver and Company (Disney)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (11-12-14), Maurice (11-12-14)
Old 11-12-14, 05:19 AM

Thanked 19,601 Times in 10,430 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

Wracked with anxiety.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following User Says Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
Maurice (11-13-14)
Old 11-12-14, 06:40 AM

Thanked 1,544 Times in 929 Posts
Laserbeak is a splendid one to beholdLaserbeak is a splendid one to beholdLaserbeak is a splendid one to beholdLaserbeak is a splendid one to beholdLaserbeak is a splendid one to beholdLaserbeak is a splendid one to beholdLaserbeak is a splendid one to beholdLaserbeak is a splendid one to behold

I was going to say Amsterdam, because I was there during that big NYC/northeast blackout like five or ten years ago. For once I had good timing!

She was told that it was. There was just a moment of silence before
the woman proceeded bravely on. "Well, I'm wondering, then, how serious my
condition is. This prescription is marked `NO REFILLS'".
The Following User Says Thank You to Laserbeak For This Useful Post:
Maurice (11-13-14)